• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member in San Diego

tomykay12

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello forum. I saw a NC700 nearby and it sparked my interest; not sure which version or year, but it looked like an interesting motorcycle. I currently have a ST1300, the blue version, am thinking of downsizing, and the NC seems like a likely candidate. I'll visit here and learn about these bikes, and maybe try to find a local specimen to try. The ST is great, but it is feeling a little large for the riding I do lately. Best, tk in San Diego.

Hi TK, I think there are few members here that downsized from ST as well. Hopefully, they can chime in. Welcome from OC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello forum. I saw a NC700 nearby and it sparked my interest; not sure which version or year, but it looked like an interesting motorcycle. I currently have a ST1300, the blue version, am thinking of downsizing, and the NC seems like a likely candidate. I'll visit here and learn about these bikes, and maybe try to find a local specimen to try. The ST is great, but it is feeling a little large for the riding I do lately. Best, tk in San Diego.

I am one of those who downsized (from 3 ST1100's in a row). I took a bone stock 2014 NC700 DCT and built it into my Mini-me ST1100 and love it. As I got older, the bigger bike, as much as I loved it, just got too big. You would be very happy with the NC. I also lived in SD for 25 years and sure miss the rides to Julian and Idyllwild.

Welcome!

DSCN1972.jpg

I like my NC because it's an economical platform -- as motorcycles go. Great for ranging out from home whenever I get a day to enjoy the scenery and the feel of riding on something that seems nimble and quick enough to not get mowed down by traffic ; } -- hope you find that too : }

Thanks fellas. The backcountry riding here is excellent, the freeway riding not so much. Think I'll post over in the general forum and ask about the freeway characteristics of the NC...

Back