• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Madstad 22" Bronze shield on the way!

Pikester

Reaction score
Visit site
Just ordered my 22" Madstad shield. Can't wait to replace the tiny stock shield. If you all aren't aware, they offer a 15% discount for active/retired military and for police officers & EMT personnel.

Ride safe,
Pikester

Just ordered my 22" Madstad shield. Can't wait to replace the tiny stock shield. If you all aren't aware, they offer a 15% discount for active/retired military and for police officers & EMT personnel.

Ride safe,
Pikester

and right now, 10% off for everybody else. I wish they offered free shipping too, I might bite. Sure would like to try one to see if it's for me. I know they offer to take it back, but you pay shipping both ways, which they say is $50, that would be $100 !.

You'll like it! I've never been that fond of the looks but they control the air so much better. I've tried the Puig tall windscreen and the original with a deflector bolted on (couldn't find the ratcheting adjustors) and I even played with forming my own from a previous Burgman 400 windscreen.

I was able to get close to similar air volumes as standing up above the wind screen for clean air.

My favourite position for the least buffeting is about 1" from the highest setting and in the middle of the forward / Back setting. I'm 6' tall. I can ride with an open 3/4 helmet and my prescription glasses if needed. I say if needed because the odd bug does find it's way to splatter every now and then. :)

In the hot season, I ride with a 3/4 helmet and the sun visor flipped down which is good until it rains. Then the full face is much better and drop the screen to the lowest position and let the wind blow the droplets off the visor. The windscreen keeps much of the water off the jacket. I rode an hour in some pretty heavy rain with my water resistant Joe Rocket jacket (not a rain coat) and stayed dry other than one damp spot on my stomach.

Anyway I hope you'll like it as much as I do. And congrats on the new wind screen!

Don

Back