• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Boots

Fuzzy

Reaction score
Visit site
Used some of my Christmas money to buy some new boots. Passing through Chatanooga Saturday stopped at Honda Powersports and bought some Tourmaster Solution 2.0 WP Road Boots They are really comfortable and should be good for long days on the road including walking around at stops. If they hold up OK I may by a pair of the "air" version for summer. Price is right just over $100. Unfortuantely I won't be back home for a couple days and it may be Saturday before I get a chance to try them on the bike.

Tour Master :: Boots :: Solution 2.0 WP Road Boot

h_tmb112_black.jpg

I wished I had some good places close by for gear. I refuse to order boots without trying them on first, so I have been riding with my steel toe work boots.
Can't wait for your review.

I have these and they are fantastic. I bought mine a size larger because I wear them a lot in summer, but I recently used them in freezing cold in Virginia (32 degrees) and they were fantastic in cold weather too.

They look like a slip on with no buckles,I like that.they also look comphy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I went through two pairs of Solutions in about 6 years. The sole would wear down and lose the non-slip pattern and being short of inseam it's important that I get as much traction with the one foot I can put down flat footed. That said I think three years use for $90 to $100 was a treat and they always kept my feet dry. I recently replaced pair #2 with the new Solution 2.0 model and I have to say I was disappointed in the lower quality of the 2.0 boot. The materials used look cheaper and the area of velcro used to seal the zipper flap is smaller. Still, I went with them and if they hold up a couple of seasons (about 40 or 50,000 miles) I'll consider the money well spent.

I also use workboots. I figure they're leather,have a non-slip sole,and very comfortable. It just seems you have so much to take off and put on at work that lacing up boots just seems to be too much like work. Besides, I seem to get a little taller heel,and it makes all the difference at stops. Probably don't look as nice and not as waterproof as the ones in the picture.

Are those boots good for summer/warmer weather? I like the looks, safety features and waterproof-ness of them, but would be concerned that they would make my feet sweat = stink. I like the waterproof boot, but don't really plan on riding in the wet/rain/water anytime soon.
I am looking at the Alpinestars S-MX 5 boot, which is vented.

Alpinestars_S-MX_5_Boot_Black_detail.jpg

Thoughts?

Last edited:
The Solution is made of a breathable material like Goretex that allows some exchange of humid air inside the boot with outside air without the undesirable side effect of water outside the boot leaking in. My other bike is a ST1300 - a hot bike with a lot of heat off the engine - and I never noticed the Tourmaster Solution boot as hot and my feet are never wet from sweat. Damp maybe under certain conditions but the breathable construction does not trap sweat.

Used some of my Christmas money to buy some new boots. Passing through Chatanooga Saturday stopped at Honda Powersports and bought some Tourmaster Solution 2.0 WP Road oots They are really comfortable and should be good for long days on the road including walking around at stops. If they hold up OK I may by a pair of the "air" version for summer. Price is right just over $100. Unfortuantely I won't be back home for a couple days and it may be Saturday before I get a chance to try them on the bike.

6.jpgI also had the Tourmaster Solution boots for a long time. They are a very good street boot. Lately I have been doing a lot of semi-offroad riding (dirt roads, no mountains around here), so I changed to a off road adventure boot with the full shin protector. At my age you got to do all you can to protect these old fragile bones.

smileyboots.jpg

Last edited:
9.jpg

I like the waterproof boot, but don't really plan on riding in the wet/rain/water anytime soon.

Thoughts?

If you are looking for a summer/winter adventure boot from Alpinestars I would suggest looking at Alpinestars Scout. A very good adventure boot.

[video=youtube;pi1c_4zHGL4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi1c_4zHGL4[/video]

smilleybinoculars.jpg

Last edited:
I can't get my feet into any kind of boots like them due to high instep of my feet.
so I bought these and fits perfectly...
$(KGrHqZHJEcFDJRdYJnbBQ4,n50oUQ~~60_12.JPG

I also use workboots. I figure they're leather,have a non-slip sole,and very comfortable. It just seems you have so much to take off and put on at work that lacing up boots just seems to be too much like work. Besides, I seem to get a little taller heel,and it makes all the difference at stops. Probably don't look as nice and not as waterproof as the ones in the picture.

One caution on work boots. No impact protection at ankle. 4 years ago I had a slow speed off in gravel parking lot wearing steel toe work boots. Couldn't walk for a week from bruise on bone stickinv out side of ankle. Didn't even scratch the leather. Many motorcycle boots have the same deficiency.

I'm currently wavering between the Alpenstars Ridge, the Firstgear Kili Hi, and the Tourmaster Solution. Thanks for the comments on the Tourmaster. Does anyone on the Forum have experience with either of the other two boots, so I can get a comparison? Right now I'm using a very inexpensive Texas Steer boot I bought at K-Mart to get me started and am looking for an upgrade to an actual riding boot.

Are those boots good for summer/warmer weather? I like the looks, safety features and waterproof-ness of them, but would be concerned that they would make my feet sweat = stink. I like the waterproof boot, but don't really plan on riding in the wet/rain/water anytime soon.

View attachment 10644

Thoughts?

I don't know your riding style or the average duration of your trips so I can only relate my experience with vented boots. I had a pair (Cortechs not Alpinestars) and inevitably every time I would wear them it would rain. So not only would they get water in them but it would take them forever to dry and if I were on a multi-day trip or wanted to ride the next day after a single day trip, they would still be wet. I abandoned the vented boots on my next pair and bought the Sidi Cobra Boots. They are not "waterproof" but have not yet leaked in the rain. I'll take slightly sweaty feet over wet feet and wet boots any day. :D

Sidi Cobras
35048_10.jpg

Tip for drying boots. Wad up newspaper and stuff inside boots. It will suck out most of the water overnight. Helps to replace the paper after the first couple hours. Works for any shoe or boot not just motorcycle boots.

Finally got a chance to try out my new boots today. 110 miles, low 40s temp and most of it in light rain. Boots could not be more comfortable. Stopped at a grocery store and Walmart and they are comfortable for walking as well. Putting feet down at stops on wet pavement felt more traction than I am used to. Feet stayed dry and reasonably warm for the temperature wearing one pair of cotton socks. I am happy with my purchase.

I bought a set of Tourmaster boots similar to those about a month after getting my bike, and I could not be happier with them. I was wearing steel-toe hiking boots before buying them, and the first thing I noticed after switching to the riding boots was not noticing my pant cuffs flapping around my ankles. They are also the single most comfortable pair of footwear I've ever owned, so spending an entire day in them in a non-issue for me.

Fuzzy, I have about 20k on my Original Solution Boots and they have served me well for a low priced boot. I have not taken good care of them either. A bit of saddle soap will make them soft again and good for another year or so. I feel they are a good boot for the money spent. The protection is better than the normal work boot without the stiffness of a high price moto-x boot. I intend to replace mine with a pair of the air models this year. I think you will like them .
Used some of my Christmas money to buy some new boots. Passing through Chatanooga Saturday stopped at Honda Powersports and bought some Tourmaster Solution 2.0 WP Road Boots They are really comfortable and should be good for long days on the road including walking around at stops. If they hold up OK I may by a pair of the "air" version for summer. Price is right just over $100. Unfortuantely I won't be back home for a couple days and it may be Saturday before I get a chance to try them on the bike.

Tour Master :: Boots :: Solution 2.0 WP Road Boot

h_tmb112_black.jpg

Back