• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New 2013 demo bike with issue

shapemaster

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello to all,
I picked up my "new" from dealer NC700X on Monday and last night found that the water pump is spitting out anti-freeze coolant.

Just occurred. Was fine on Monday and Monday night and during the day when I rode but last night I got on it for a quick jaunt across town
and when I stopped 6 blocks later there was light smoke/steam and that smell you never get on a Harley Sportster......(LOL) anti-freeze.

Oh boy. My new bike needs warranty work already.

So, I rode it home, not much had leaked at all and shut it off and inspected. Then determined perhaps the hose clamps could use a tightening.
I did so and started it back up and let her warm up. Then it began, this light spitting of coolant and I saw where on the side of the engine there was dried white
powder that you can't rub off from the spray of coolant that no one had noticed at the dealership.

I'm disappointed because I panned to ride all week on this bike specific.

Does anyone know if this had been a recall issue on the 2013 model and what other recalls perhaps needed to be addressed specifically on the 2013 and U.S. model and only the NC700X?

Thanks for the help.

I love forums and have already met some nice riders on this one.

I ride the United States on many bikes, brands and types. Loving Adventure type bikes now. KLR650 2016 Digital Camo is my main squeeze but this Honda will become my main if she will quit leaking out anti-freeze. LOL

The 2013 model NC700X has had no recalls issued to date. Water pump issues are rare but a couple have reportedly been changed.

Called the dealer in Urbana and they said they are 3 weeks out from getting it in. I guess I'll just ride my trusty Kawi KLR650. LOL.

Oh well. They also said that if it's not really leaking much it will be OK.

Oh boy!

I paid $5,500.00 out the door on this bike which was a good deal for me and them as they really wanted it off the books. It was their lunch run sandwich getter though so they are missing a nice demo but they only have a 2014 and 2015 on the floor with no 2016 or 2017's even in their warehouse. Just not moving the NC700X I guess.
It's too bad. These are really nice cycles.

You can get the work done at any Honda dealership. Call up the next dealer and explain your problem. It might not make the selling dealer happy, but I kinda feel someone at that dealership knew the bike had problems.

Back