• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Neutral Light Out

Jguarfn28

Reaction score
Visit site
It's been about a week since my Neutral "N" light went out on my speedometer. It isn't too much of an inconvenience, I have a pretty good feel for where it is in the downshifting mode. I was puzzled by the dealership's reply as to whether this would be a warranty issue or not. The tech guy said they needed to check it out at $80/hour and then call the Honda people to see if it qualified for warranty service..... It has 5400 miles and was purchased in October, 2012. I already took off the side case where the connection is and it looks fine, so I guess I'll hope for the best, sometime this week and have them check it out.:confused:

Hopefully even if it's just a burnt out lamp they would cover it under warranty, but I doubt it. Just seems wrong for a bulb to have failed that soon, if that is all that it was. I've got over 9k miles on mine and haven't had any issues. Seeing how you live in NM, I can't blame moisture..

Hopefully even if it's just a burnt out lamp they would cover it under warranty, but I doubt it. Just seems wrong for a bulb to have failed that soon, if that is all that it was. I've got over 9k miles on mine and haven't had any issues. Seeing how you live in NM, I can't blame moisture..

I believe all of the lamps in the combination meter are LED. More likely it is the switch or wiring.

The headlight burnt out on my CRF and was replaces under warranty. Hopefully your dealer will feel its Honda's fault and not yours (somehow). Best of luck

Since the neutral indicator is integral to the combination meter assembly, unless there was some indication of negligence or abuse, there is no reason this would not be covered by warranty. I'm surprised it was even questioned.

Greg

Back