• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need new kickstand for '16 NC700XD

Reaction score
Visit site
I went down, in addition to doing a 180, on an icy road last weekend and now my kickstand is bent. Actually, the top prong that comes up is bent back. Can this just be re-bent / re-positioned or do I need a whole new one? If I need a new one, where is the best place to look? I don't have a pic handy as yet.

I went down, in addition to doing a 180, on an icy road last weekend and now my kickstand is bent. Actually, the top prong that comes up is bent back. Can this just be re-bent / re-positioned or do I need a whole new one? If I need a new one, where is the best place to look? I don't have a pic handy as yet.

I sure as heck would bend it back. Remove. Put in vise. Heat with propane torch. Hammer. Monkey wrench. Vise grips. Cool. Paint. Reinstall.Welcome to the forum!

I'm with Sumo. I had a fall last year on the ice. Bent some bits. Tapped the shift lever back in position. I didn't heat it, just hammer and block of wood. Replaced the handlebars and windscreen. JB weld for the headlight housing pin and signal. Left the scratch on the fairing to remind me...bike is currently parked with ice here.

I learn...just slowly... >.<

Since my bike was lowered I switched to the adjustable kickstand from Soupy's. LOVE IT so much. It is very easy to tweak and wasn't far off price of stock (in my opinion). I felt the foot add-on was overpriced and not well designed, but the kickstand itself is good.

Glad you guys got through your 'events' unscathed. I agree on re-bending methods, with or without heat.
My 13 has been down on BOTH sides now, one major (for me), but both minor to the bike thanks to engine/handlebar guards.
These are Adventure bikes for a reason, I guess.

In my opinion, don't waste your time using a propane torch because they are designed mostly to help plumbers solder copper pipes. The mounting lug of the sidestand is made of thick steel (probably 3/16") so it isn't going to be softened by a propane torch. When you say "top prong" are you talking about the mounting lug?

Back