• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NCX Fenda Extenda attachment

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking for ideas on better looking screws for attachment of the Fenda Extenda. The four self tapping screws they sent would work, but looks a little amateurish.

Beemerphile, I thought I saw a photo of your fender with a pair of black screws, caps, or clips holding the extender on. Was that so, and could you elaborate?

Greg

duk2n...could you please post a photo of your install? I just received my extenda and was also thinking about using rivets to secure it...would like to see how it looks first.

Here you go:

Closely:

IMAG0148.jpg

By far you barely will see the rivets:

IMAG0150.jpg

FYI, the rivets are 4 mm diameter. In the internal side I used a 4 mm washer to allow the rivet do its job. Forgot to mention I dismounted the fenda, glued it with epoxy glue and let it dry several hours before installing the rivets. I would say the rivets are not needed if you use a good glue but, you know, just in case something goes wrong...

HTH

Last edited:
Here you go:

Closely:

IMAG0148.jpg

By far you barely will see the rivets:

IMAG0150.jpg

FYI, the rivets are 4 mm diameter. In the internal side I used a 4 mm washer to allow the rivet do its job. Forgot to mention I dismounted the fenda, glued it with epoxy glue and let it dry several hours before installing the rivets. I would say the rivets are not needed if you use a good glue but, you know, just in case something goes wrong...

HTH

Thank you...very much appreciated! I like it better than the screws, and mine is silver so it might show even less. Thank you for the tips...I was thinking about taking the fender off to do it also.

I like that fenda extenda. It looks good and this bike needs it badly. Did you find a vendor stateside that sells that? I found a seller on Ebay but the freight from overseas was cost prohibitive.

I like that fenda extenda. It looks good and this bike needs it badly. Did you find a vendor stateside that sells that? I found a seller on Ebay but the freight from overseas was cost prohibitive.

I got mine through Amazon...took about 2 weeks for delivery from UK.

I finally got the Fenda Extenda installed. Since button head Allen screws are common on the NC700X, I used two polished stainless screws of that type to secure the extender. Under the screws are neoprene washers. On the back side are stainless lock nuts. I also left the double sided tape in place, plus added two beads of semi-permanent black silicon RTV adhesive. I think it would pass for a factory part. See the photos.

100_4612s.jpg100_4615s.jpg

Last edited:
I'd love to add this, but there is no way I am drilling through the fender for it. To the folks who have already installed this, did you consider using outdoor 3M double stick tape? On two good clean surfaces, that stuff sticks and stays that way.

I'd love to add this, but there is no way I am drilling through the fender for it. To the folks who have already installed this, did you consider using outdoor 3M double stick tape? On two good clean surfaces, that stuff sticks and stays that way.
Problem is heat, wet and dirt will come into play.
Best bet is to do that taping to hold it in place, then drill and fasten with bolt/nuts combination. That way, it stays there 100%.

Attaching Extenda without screws

Pyramid Plastics shows you how to attach it with polyurethane adhesive, but even they do not fully endorse attaching it without screws. How to fit an Extenda Fenda Front Mudguard Extension Kit - YouTube

3M double stick doesn't stand a chance. You must conquer this fear.

My wife used to just cringe when we bought a new car and I'd have the entire interior of it lined up in the garage and the drill whirring away on all the holes the engineers left out. Ever take a dash out to hide a GPS antenna? Take a headliner out to waterseal the back of a cell phone antenna and install an extra layer of sound-proofing and then decide while you had it out to go ahead and put in a sunroof?

My mom said I asked for a Craftsman electric drill for Christmas when I was six.

Now, if you really, really, really don't want to drill any holes, clean both surfaces with prep-sol. Apply a film of RTV silicone to both halves and clamp them till morning. Wait 24 hours before stressing them.

ETA: With the direction of wheel rotation, think about what will happen if the extension does break loose. It will likely get carried through the fender, most likely breaking it.

Last edited:
3M double stick doesn't stand a chance. You must conquer this fear.

My wife used to just cringe when we bought a new car and I'd have the entire interior of it lined up in the garage and the drill whirring away on all the holes the engineers left out. Ever take a dash out to hide a GPS antenna? Take a headliner out to waterseal the back of a cell phone antenna and install an extra layer of sound-proofing and then decide while you had it out to go ahead and put in a sunroof?

My mom said I asked for a Craftsman electric drill for Christmas when I was six.

Now, if you really, really, really don't want to drill any holes, clean both surfaces with prep-sol. Apply a film of RTV silicone to both halves and clamp them till morning. Wait 24 hours before stressing them.

I don't have a problem drilling holes, I just think it looks terrible with rivets, bolts or whatever. Perhaps you haven't used the grade of double stick that I use, but I have destroyed parts trying to pull them apart. When a US distributor picks this item up I'll give it a whirl.

Funny that they don't show that you have to bolt it on (but do mention the self tapping screws elswhere):

nc700x_nc700s_extenda_fenda_copy.jpg

Last edited:
I finally got the Fenda Extenda installed. Since button head Allen screws are common on the NC700X, I used two polished stainless screws of that type to secure the extender. Under the screws are neoprene washers. On the back side are stainless lock nuts. I also left the double sided tape in place, plus added two beads of semi-permanent black silicon RTV adhesive. I think it would pass for a factory part. See the photos.

View attachment 340View attachment 341

Looks nice with the button head scews. I could see myself doing that. Wasn't sure about going the rivet route, just doesn't look right in my opinion.

Back