• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750X Frunk Recall

Normsthename

Reaction score
Visit site
My NC750X DCT is going into the dealers tomorrow for another recall :(
It is for a problem on the Frunk where owners have trouble opening the Lid.
Don't know what the recall consists of......
I will post information tomorrow after my bike has been in, should take an hour I've been told.
Weather is looking cold tomorrow, have an 80 Mile round trip and the weather forecast is predicting no warmer than 3 Degrees Celsius (37 F)
Electric Gloves will definitely be plugged in! :)

Andy

Joy, I received the dashboard recall this morning, which on top of the tyre issue depressed me, if I get a frank recall also I will be moribund

Just got back from having the Lock Recall done :)
Was a bit chilly with the weather around freezing.......had a round trip of 98 Miles, good job I've got Heated Gloves! :)
Regarding the recall, I spoke to the mechanic that did mine.
He said that they had to replace the Cam and apply some grease.
I would guess that it is a redesigned Cam, mine is now much much easier to open the rear Compartment.
Only took the Dealer half an hour to do.

Andy

I'd wonder if both the 700s and 750s of all model years have the same design flaw, it's just European 750 owners that are getting any attention from Honda.

Mine had a recall for the speedo trip fix. Had a letter from Honda yesterday. The dealer had the kit today and rang me. When I got there they discovered there was also a recall for the cubby box lock cam. This was fixed at the same time. I wasn't even aware of a problem but opening the lid was a bit stiff. I put it down to being new and just pressed the lid as I turned the key.

That's 3 fixes now.
1. replacement tyres
2. replacement speedo (I lost 2851 miles)
3. cubby box lock mechanism.

What next?

Apparently, the frunk recall doesn't affect my 750X , which I find odd.
Mine is the opposite, it had the Lock Cam recall but not the Speedo!
Mind you I am glad that my speedo is still the original, didn't like the sound of recording the existing mileage in the Service Book.
Might cause confusion when selling up :)

Andy

I just received recall cards in the mail yesterday for the Frunk and Trip Meter issue... on a 2014 700X... So seems not exclusive to the 750x

Back