• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700XD Shares CycleWorld Jan 2013 cover with BMW F700GS

TechiePilot

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Not quite sure how they measured a top speed of 100mph...the bike *cough cough* does more than that.
IMG-20121125-00084.jpg

Also, this photo rotation biz from the phonecam, I need to figure out.

Nice! I'll have to pick that issue up and give it a read!

Yeah, the BMW's face is kinda like that comic strip cat's, isn't it?

I looked forward to this issue of Cycle World for the comparison article. It arrived today. Unfortunately, I found that the article was written by John Burns. I don't care for his writing style, nor his inaccurate fact reporting. I haven't even bothered to read it through yet.

I'm disappointed they used the DCT.

I think the comparison would have been better with the manual trans.

The November issue compared the manual transmission model with the Versys and the WeeStrom. It really did not change the performance outcome.

I bought this mag yesterday. The article was alright, though since the NC used was the DCT, it ended up being a relatively expensive bike in the group compared. That sort of hurt it in the comparo, but at least they said that ABS should be available alone. It REALLY should.

I looked forward to this issue of Cycle World for the comparison article. It arrived today. Unfortunately, I found that the article was written by John Burns. I don't care for his writing style, nor his inaccurate fact reporting. I haven't even bothered to read it through yet.

Here's John Burns talking about the Kawasaki Versys in this article: "A 5.0 gallon fuel tank and mileage in the low 40s is pretty dang good." Say what??? Low 40s is pretty good? For a mid sized bike? My 900 pound, 1.8 liter Goldwing with a barn door fairing gets low 40s two up and pulling a trailer. I'm not knocking the Versys at all here, I'm just saying that kind of journalism in a mid size motorcycle comparison article simply stinks.

I fully accept that the NC700 is not a perfect bike, nor the all around answer for every rider, but it seems this article's sole purpose was to give equal praise to the other bikes after so much previous hype about the NC. They're just kissing the advertising dollars. . .

Another reason the unbiased Motorcycle Consumer News is worth the subscription price.

Last edited:
Back