• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700X "Overall height" Does yours match spec listed?

L.B.S.

Fixed Idea
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, so strange question, and likely irrelevent to everyone here but me, but please bear with me...:)

I see the spec for the NCX's height at 50.6" (at the mirrors, I presume, unless the windscreen in the "up" position is taller, I don't know? That would be awesome, if that was the case.)

The only place I can park the bike at home, is under a deck, that has a max height of about 50 1/4". I actually liked the NC stock mirrors, as far as their position, width, height, non blurriness, etc., on my test. Typical! Finally stock mirrors I don't have to replace or muck with, and now I can't fit it in my parking spot! Auugh!

Are the 700's mirrors really the highest part, or is it the windscreen in it's uppermost position, making that the highest technically, for overall height spec listing?

Also, does the right mirror get higher or lower, when the bike is on it's sidestand, with the bars turned fully left at steering lock position?

I don't want to have to let air out of the tires everytime I go in and out of my parking spot, lol :eek:

Never mind, I found out that the Overall height with the screen in the highest position is listed at: 51.2"

I had hoped that the max height listed took into account the bike with the screen in high mode.

It seems kind of silly to list the "Overall height" spec. figure when the windscreen can be raised to a higher number than that...:(

Oh well. Maybe I could "droop" the mirrors down on the vertical plane, just enough to squeeze under the joists. Who knows.

:)

Back