• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700 Workshop Manual

T

Tim Clynes

The moderators closed a previous thread on this subject because apparently folk breached the forum rules and posted links to where it could be download.

Near 14,000 people viewed the thread though, so clearly a significant number of riders would like the information, and it is somewhat shocking that a forum dedicated to the sharing of information regarding this Motorcycle seem unwilling to share the information.

If you wish to download the Workshop Manual simply [Moderator Edit] and you will be able to download it as a .pdf to PC or to iBooks.

I see nothing in the .com forum rules which prevents this information being shared, nor do I see it as an infringement of copyright, but rather a community service.

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
The moderators closed a previous thread on this subject because apparently folk breached the forum rules and posted links to where it could be download.

Near 14,000 people viewed the thread though, so clearly a significant number of riders would like the information, and it is somewhat shocking that a forum dedicated to the sharing of information regarding this Motorcycle seem unwilling to share the information.

If you wish to download the Workshop Manual simply [Moderator Edit] and you will be able to download it as a .pdf to PC or to iBooks.

I see nothing in the .com forum rules which prevents this information being shared, nor do I see it as an infringement of copyright, but rather a community service.

Tim

Mr. Clynes. Please cease and desist.

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/site-announcements/3302-all-members-site-rules-reminder.html

Copy Written Material
The site will not host for download copywritten materials such as books, music, movies ect.
This includes links to copyrighted materials or PM activity to trade/give copyrighted materials. This is a zero tolerance policy resulting in permanent ban.
The site members, by joining the forum agree to not upload, post or link any copywritten materials, and fully accept all responsibility of any such actions.
The site follows a policy of WILL REMOVE anything we get a complaint about.

I cannot, and will not, base such opinions on the matter via your interpretation of the rules, and whether they are permissible or not.

You are perfectly free to contact the Admin/Owner and state your views on the matter. The Moderators, to the best of our abilities, abide by the rules and spirit of the Admin's intent, not wanting to cross any lines regarding the legalities or potential illegalities involved in Forum content.

If the Admin says it is ok to do, I/we will happily comply, and offer any humble apologies to those member's posts so edited. We aren't Nazis here, trying to prevent others from sharing knowledge due to any obscure power trip reasons or whatever, Tim, we are simply trying our best to do what is right. I'm sorry if this shocks or offends you, I honestly am.

Mr. Clynes. Please cease and desist.

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/site-announcements/3302-all-members-site-rules-reminder.html

Copy Written Material
The site will not host for download copywritten materials such as books, music, movies ect.
This includes links to copyrighted materials or PM activity to trade/give copyrighted materials. This is a zero tolerance policy resulting in permanent ban.
The site members, by joining the forum agree to not upload, post or link any copywritten materials, and fully accept all responsibility of any such actions.
The site follows a policy of WILL REMOVE anything we get a complaint about.

I cannot, and will not, base such opinions on the matter via your interpretation of the rules, and whether they are permissible or not.

You are perfectly free to contact the Admin/Owner and state your views on the matter. The Moderators, to the best of our abilities, abide by the rules and spirit of the Admin's intent, not wanting to cross any lines regarding the legalities or potential illegalities involved in Forum content.

If the Admin says it is ok to do, I/we will happily comply, and offer any humble apologies to those member's posts so edited. We aren't Nazis here, trying to prevent others from sharing knowledge due to any obscure power trip reasons or whatever, Tim, we are simply trying our best to do what is right. I'm sorry if this shocks or offends you, I honestly am.

I provide no link L.B.S, and yet you edited a simple sharing of information that the information the forum members seek is available in the Technical section of the NC700 forum in the UK.

Again, the policy above does not prevent this information being shared, I'm not hosting, you are not hosting, nor have we provided the drop box file.

It is infa t provided by our friends in Spain, where such information is freely available.

By all means edit again, by all means operate a dictatorial regime within what you cite at "a worldwide community"

If you are so uptight that you can't accept that word of mouth will always prevail restrict your website forum to America and Canada only.

The laughable side of this is how unhelpful you show the site to be.

I'll create a new account weekly just to re-post this if it makes you feel better

Wow. You have a lot of anger in you, Tim.

Instead of being civil and trying to understand our side of the situation, you are now threatening to deliberately instigate problems with malicious intent? Why would you want to do such a thing? What is so difficult to understand and follow the rules for this site?

I'm baffled by people who do this. :confused:

We are dedicated to the sharing of information regarding this motorcycle. But we will not knowingly participate in breaking the law doing so. Linking to or providing access in any way to copy written materials without the permission of the copyright owner. To me its not worth the risk to the forum or myself.

Thank you

Providing links to copyright material is a great way to get this fantastic forum shut down. The moderators are simply doing their job to prevent the termination of this site. Don't like it, go somewhere else.

This site is a very helpfull site for sharing just not copyrighted materials for free. British forum seems to be full of nothing but crap maybe thats why the guy spends his time crying so much on this site.Ride safe.

Just letting you know - there are no copyright problems on uk forum...
But this one has much more useful info, thanks to you guys!

I am of the mind that if you bought the motorcycle, you should get the shop manual as well. There are several online sources to find the pdf version if you are willing to dig through google a little.

For price increase of $250.........they will likely include a service manual and an awesome tool kit.
Since over 50% of the current owners have not read the owner's manual they got for "free"..........a thicker book might not increase the "read rate".

Since the auto industry has already switched to web based pay as go subscriptions to get service info....be careful what you ask for..........service manual and PDF will not be a choice in the future.

I am of the mind that if you bought the motorcycle, you should get the shop manual as well. There are several online sources to find the pdf version if you are willing to dig through google a little.

Next time you go to the store to buy a six-pack, grab a big bag of pretzels on the way out the door and tell them you think if you bought the beer you are entitled to the pretzels as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just because you think you should have gotten it would not entitle you to it. I thought I should have gotten a main stand with the bike but I did go buy one.

I may be wrong since I've never bought a new car, but I've never heard of automobile manufacturers supplying service manuals with cars for free. I didn't expect motorcycles to come with them either. Same way with appliances, televisions, furnaces, lawn mowers, etc.

Last edited:
My DR200SE, purchased in the U.S., came with a service manual on CD-ROM. My NC didn't.

I find it interesting the UK NC700 forum had no problem with sharing a link to possible copyrighted material, but they blocked my login after I shared links to postings in THIS forum. I posted links as I felt I had no right to copy and paste information (and thereby take credit) for information members had posted.

After thinking about it a while, I guess they were afraid if their patrons saw this forum they would not go back to the UK one.

I was just shocked when I tried to login and found I had been banned for trying to share info on the bike there.

I know its off topic but....
that forum is all about money and kissing the boss's a*s.
that is why he has no advertising policy all money goes into his back pocket.
when you got over say a thousand members all paying a 5 uk pounds each that's 5 grand in uk money.
5 pound isn't a lot of money to an individual is it.
it doesn't cost 5 grand to run a forum does it!
unlike this forum which is all voluntary you have to pay to see so called protective forum.
I paid 10 uk pounds on the understanding that I could put a picture or two and folks can pm me for price nope he would not allow it.
so I ask for my money back ,he refuse..the rest is history.

For Sale, Wanted or Trade
30 day auto deletion, no Ebay links, no 3rd party ads!
Only Site Supporters can post items in here.

You don't need to donate to join us!
Chip in with a bit of cash
to help me fund the site.
You only need a Credit or Debit card.
£10 or £20 or whatever you can afford

Last edited:
It probably would be for the best not stray into the nobody wins quicksand, of bashing other forums. As proven here already, Lord knows there's enough things in the world that people get their blood boiling over, without being poked with a stick.

IMHO no place should be a venue to attack other people and places that they have a score to settle with, or delight in knocking down. It doesn't take much to turn a simple difference of opinion into a full blown hate fest, which is just sad.

Many forums have a "No Board Wars" rule, to try and quell this type of behavior.

I'm not directing my comments to anyone in particular- just my take on the general matter.

Trust me, you paid for it.

Want a free service manual with your bike purchase? Just add $80 to the total.

Actually, I didn't! Seller (someone I knew) threw it in with the purchase since he no longer needed it -- a PDF copy of the service manual on CD-ROM. Convenient to search by keyword/topic. The bike was not new. The CD-ROMs are very inexpensive at $15 or so.

Last edited:
For the record (full disclosure) the forum I was referring to did not charge for access. (It's possible they do now.. but it may be a different forum than others have been posting about)

I had no idea posting links to another forum was not allowed, although I have to admit to not reading their forum rules. :eek:
I had no bad experiences prior to trying to log in to find I had been banned or blocked. No one warned me I was doing something wrong, I just wasn't able to login one day.

I never was notified why I was banned/blocked... the posting links to this forum was the only thing I could think of in hindsight.

"Lord knows there's enough things in the world that people get their blood boiling over, without being poked with a stick". - L.B.S.

That's an awesome line - can I use it if needed in everyday conversation?

Back