• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC 700S to U.S.?

Mycool

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,
This forum is awesome. I currently own a mint '84 Nighthawk S, and really like the NC S. I've only sat on the X, as we don't have the NC700S here in the states. Does anyone know if Honda will bring this great bike to the U.S.? I like the X, but would snap up an S in a hurry. Thank you. -Michael

Your guess is as good as mine. I have read no intell that suggests the S is coming to the States.

Hi everyone,
This forum is awesome. I currently own a mint '84 Nighthawk S, and really like the NC S. I've only sat on the X, as we don't have the NC700S here in the states. Does anyone know if Honda will bring this great bike to the U.S.? I like the X, but would snap up an S in a hurry. Thank you. -Michael

If Honda thinks like Yamaha did about the FZ6N, then no! :( The naked version of the FZ6 was very popular in Europe, but never made it over before they replaced the FZ6 with the horrible FZ6R.

Seems unless a naked bike says Ducati, they just aren't huge sellers in the US for some inexplicable reason (Remember the 919 from Honda??). The SV650 was the exception for the Big Three.

Last edited:
Hey tweak89, I fear that you are right. I don't understand it either. With the X's popularity, I think the S would be a huge success...but then again the 919 and 599 did not do well. :(. I really want an S...

I like them enough that I made a bunch of calls to Canadian Honda dealers in Southern Manitoba. They've got the 700s all right and ready to sell for export. The exchange rate sucks however and it would be expensive in addition to the headaches w/ docs and licensing. For anyone who really wants an NC700 with ABS but no DCT you can definitely get one.

As for me, I just got an x stateside and I love it. I thought the x was going to be too tall for me, but it's actually perfect. I'm 5'7", 32" inseam. Don't need the s, but I do like the look. And they have colors! Supposedly, the "tank" storage is even slightly bigger on the s.

Oh, and the Canadian dealer said that no Honda dealer in the states would honor the s warranty. You'd have to take back to Canada if you had any issues.

Hey tweak89, I fear that you are right. I don't understand it either. With the X's popularity, I think the S would be a huge success...but then again the 919 and 599 did not do well. :(. I really want an S...

For those models alone, I really don't see it coming here. My guess is the Integra will come here before the S.

This thread reminds me of our honeymoon trip to Italy. My jaw dropped at all the amazing bikes I saw that I knew would never see the light of day over here in the U.S. :mad: I need to dig up some pics of the rows of bikes I encountered everywhere we went. All kinds of crazy stuff from all the Euro manufacturers as well as the Big Three.

Hi Wozza here from the UK... I purchased a NC X DCT version, but I much prefer the more minimalist looking S version. The only reason I got the X was because the bars were a little higher... Still love my bike though...

I demoed both and I really like the nimbleness of the S. It is so much easier to manouvre and very responsive. The height is lower and it made GREAT difference. Both my feet could lay flat on the floor which gives lots of confidence on the road. I am 5'11" and I got X because it's more touring and you can actually accessorize it without it looking weird. It was hard decision but I am glad I had the X.

Thank you for your welcome Rocker :)

I also feel having ridden both machines that the S gives you a more sportier feel for those that are that way inclined. I might get the S version next.

Back