• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My two Cents..

FlaNC700X

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a list of things that don't seem right from Honda.

1. No Honda's get tool bags anymore?

2. Is it me or have you hit the horn instead of the turn signals and vice versa!

3. I yearn for the old days, when we had one long seat.

4. Is this horn wimpy?

5. how about a backrest with luggage rack?

6. No cotter pin on the rear tire?

Please add yours!

I have to go with #3. I miss the long seats! But ya know its the looks that count nowadays. I'll add more when I've had some rest.

7. Center stand not standard equipment.

Greg

Looking only at things I can't change and understanding the budget objectives for this machine, I think with a 6,500 rpm redline that they could have included hydraulic valve lifters for a maintenance improvement.

4. Is this horn wimpy?

Horn? It has a horn? I can't even hear it with my earplugs in. I had a driver try to take my lane on an interstate highway last week and when they didn't respond to the horn I kicked the right rear door with my left foot. THAT got a reaction from her! She almost ran off the road from over-correcting and I don't know if she will ever find her cell phone.

I am dustbinning the stock horn for a set of Fiamm electrics. I had considered the Stebel Nautilus air horn that I have on my BMW, but as an air horn, it's longevity is not up with the electrics.

Its a Honda, what do you need tools for?
2. Is it me or have you hit the horn instead of the turn signals and vice versa!
Switching position seems to be the new trend with Honda
We'd look kinda silly filling up with the entire seat raised.
4. Is this horn wimpy?
It has one?
This isn't supposed to look like a cruiser
Only a Suzuki I owned had a cotter pin on the front and rear. Of course it shook stuff loose too and it was an I-4
Please add yours!

I'm really pleased with the bike, Simple to ride and maintenance is a breeze

Last edited:
I yearn for the old days, when we had one long seat.

Or...

BMW_F800_Fuel_Filler.jpg

I would rather look silly raising the entire seat than trying to customize the existing one. On a zero to ten scale, this seat is a negative 8.

[B said:

Its a Honda, what do you need tools for?
Switching position seems to be the new trend with Honda
4. Is this horn wimpy?
It has one?
This isn't supposed to look like a cruiser
Only a Suzuki I owned had a cotter pin on the front and rear. Of course it shook stuff loose too and it was an I-4
Please add yours!

I'm really pleased with the bike, Simple to ride and maintenance is a breeze

I agree that we should actually count the things which Honda made right.
It provides a good solid base to upgrade if you wanna go the tinkerer way, and it is good enough in its vanilla form (like me).

We get a tool kit in the UK along with free membership of the AA recovery service
You soon get used to it. My Crossrunner & the VFR1200 have the same set up
I agree but then it would be difficult to fill up on the NC
4. Is this horn wimpy?
YES!!!
Not every one would want one. I for one wouldn't but it could be an optional extra
?
Please add yours![/QUOTE]

Personally, I think the seat is breaking in on mine (or I am). First ride home from the dealer, my butt was sore. Last ride was at least five times longer and I didn't have any discomfort. Hope the trend continues.
As to the original question, I think if you are going to make the center stand an accessory, Honda should at least add a provision for swing arm spools. I have a stand that does not require them, but I still prefer the security of swing arm stands that use spools.

Bob

Back