• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

my speedo is on the list...

W

wildeone

just done 12k km service so they checked the VIN also it appeared as my speedo panel is supposed to be changed because it may cause ODO meter
inaccuracy... i haven't notice anything weird so far, do you think should I change? Mileage pretty much goes along with this indicated on GPS.

That makes me thinking how many recalls we can except from new Africa Twin??? :(
My bike is 1 year old and 2 recalls already.

It isnt that the bad speedos record innaccurately its just the trip meters that sometimes reset or lose miles, and that also messes up the trip meter MPG but not the overall miles or MPG, or at least thats what was wrong on the US 2014's. I was one of the first ones I think that noticed the trip reset last year and did get mine changed this spring.

It isnt that the bad speedos record innaccurately its just the trip meters that sometimes reset or lose miles, and that also messes up the trip meter MPG but not the overall miles or MPG, or at least thats what was wrong on the US 2014's. I was one of the first ones I think that noticed the trip reset last year and did get mine changed this spring.

Thanks for the information!
Is there any way to check if we have the problem on our bike?
I've just bought a 2015 NC750X and I'd like to be sure I havn't the problem on my ODO.

there is a page on Honda Powersports where you can put your VIN in and search for any recalls on it.

As to the instrument cluster, mine would reset all trip meters every time the key was turned. I had mine replaced, and it is now behaving and useful again. However, I have to take mine in and get the starter relay swapped out as soon as they authorize it.

In the USA, as I understand it, the meter replacement is not a recall. It's a service campaign, or whatever you'd like to call it. That being the case, Im not sure that it would show up on the Honda recall site using the VIN search.

I actually received a Recall Notice in the mail on mine. It had "Recall Notice" printed a number of times on the document itself.

Good to know. I stand corrected. That makes it more official and easier to track.

Last year there was no problems with my speedo, but after winter storage the problems did show. Mine is now replaced by Honda.
Yes, you should get it replaced.

My speedo head was changed at 2800 miles after it was resetting all the time. No problem since. It goes in tomorrow to have the starter solenoid replaced under a recall.

Back