• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My Newest Girl - Mike Mas

IdleUp

Reaction score
Visit site
My Newest Girl - Mike Mas

Hey guys I finally pulled the trigger, drove 1500+ miles round trip to get my MN4. I love the the DCT and this was an opportunity for me to have a second machine that was drastically different than my NC700 yet with the same mechanical advantages, yet low enough for my girl to ride.

I found the engine & drive train performance pretty much the same between the NC700 and the NM4, however I found the handling and steering and slow speed turns are totally different. I assume its the low CG and the additional rake and length of the bike.

In any case, the NM4 will turn some heads - Congrats Honda!

Thanks Mike

n1.jpg

n2.jpg

n3.jpg

n4.jpg

n20.jpg

n5.jpg

n6.jpg

n7.jpg

n8.jpg

n9.jpg

n10.jpg

n11.jpg

n12.jpg

n13.jpg

The fat rear tire has much effect on the handling differences. That's a relatively rare bike as dealers could only order 1. Many didn't even order that 1.

In two years I've only seen one in the wild.

Enjoy your newest ride, Mike!

Seeing how her feet could actually reach the ground while sitting on an NM4, my wife wanted to test ride it at the Wing Ding. But, she decided the weight of it (562 pounds) was too much to manage. She also couldn't reach the brake pedal which was somewhere out there by the front wheel.

Last edited:
The fat rear tire has much effect on the handling differences. That's a relatively rare bike as dealers could only order 1. Many didn't even order that 1.

In two years I've only seen one in the wild.

Thanks for the reply - I've been trying to locate one for months and other than the west coast I could not find one.

Is the fat tire steering thing because the rear tire has a different taper angle than the front - on my very first ride when I picked her up I instantly felt a major difference in the handling other than the NC700X

If I could afford it I'd get one just fun. Dress up like Judge Dredge and ride around.
I was thinking the same, plasti-dip the bike in white with gold trim, dress up like Stallone's Judge Dredge (the remake was even more terrible than Stallone's) and ride around on Halloween :)

Thanks for the reply - I've been trying to locate one for months and other than the west coast I could not find one.

Is the fat tire steering thing because the rear tire has a different taper angle than the front - on my very first ride when I picked her up I instantly felt a major difference in the handling other than the NC700X

Problably due to it is a cruiser with a different angle on the rack. Cruisers don't handle like standards...

Thanks for the flowers guys - well I have a few hundred miles now and she's feeling a bit more normal than before. One thing that really helped the slow speed turns is raising the handle bars - they were too close to my knee's and and in a full over turn it felt awkward as the handle bars were just inches from my knees.

I'm liking the way she rides - There's no doubt that Honda changed the bikes dynamics - she feels like a touring bike when compared to the NC, the extra weight down low (unlike a passenger) gives it a totally different ride suspension wise. One thing for sure, where ever I go, cars - trucks - ped's move right over and you find yourself answering questions. What's really knocking my asse out is; its attracting Harley guys so that is real strange.

When I picked it up in Springdale Ar. and loading it on the trailer for the ride home - just my luck they were having the Bikes Blues and BBQ at the same time (3rd largest bike event) and there was never less than 10-20 bikes around the trailer and most of them were Harley dudes as well.

I guess she's kind a cute . . . .

Thanks

I thought of the bat mobile too when I bought my NC750X. They had one at the Honda Dealership, so I could see it from close. I like the style, but since it would be the bike I'd do my road test on, that wouldn't have worked, because I'd have been limited to automatic transmission on my driver license - or I could have rented a bike for the test, but then I'd not have practised on it...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's a nice bike to ride - watched some reviews, the guys were apparently impressed. Don't you find the side cases quite useless because of their tiny size? Must be a great bike for day trips or commuting, but I wonder about longer ones...

what is the internal size of the side cases?

From the Vultus Forum: NM4 Storage - Honda Vultus Forum

To give you an idea of the space available, the combined total onboard storage of the NM4, with both front compartments and both side panniers, is less than the volume of the NC700X frunk. If taking a trip, one should plan on packing light.

Last edited:
The rear panniers seem so big but when they are open, they are small.

Also, they open from the side.

Wham-O, your very few things you can carry go out on the street.

Maybe carry a small plunger to get as much in the panniers as possible each time.

Too bad it did not open from the top.

Other than that it is a very unique looking machine and it is growing on me!

I would have liked to see them bring the front down to a point or square it off.

It looks like a lobster with it's face back from the claws out front.

(Can you tell I am thinking of the shore and our vacation coming up in a week and a half?)

God bless!!

Michael

Back