• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My first long ride.. 500 miles each way.

docb91b

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy all,
I just completed my first long ride on NanCy. I rode from San Bernardino County, California to Carson City and back.. It was a blast and I learned how to ride even better than before. Flipping amazing!!! I have included a couple pics to show off my journey. John Muir had it right...
“Keep close to Nature's heart...and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.”

DSCN0948.jpgDSCN0959.jpg

It's nice to get out and ride in the backwoods areas, and even better if you can camp out there as well. Several of us just returned from camping at the Horizon's Unlimited rally in the NC mountains. It was nice falling asleep to rain pattering on the tent... it helped drown own fuzzy's snoring in the tent next door smileyshock.jpg LOL. (actually his snoring didn't bother me a bit, my wife can put him to shame!).

I'd like to do more camping soon, now that I've had such a good experience this time.

That is beautiful country, nice pics, thanks for posting!

It's nice to get out and ride in the backwoods areas, and even better if you can camp out there as well. Several of us just returned from camping at the Horizon's Unlimited rally in the NC mountains. It was nice falling asleep to rain pattering on the tent... it helped drown own fuzzy's snoring in the tent next door View attachment 7302 LOL.
The trick is to fall asleep first so your snoring keeps others awake so they won't snore and wake you up. ;)

Good, good. A helmet does Yoda need, if riding he will do.

What a wonderful way to start riding. Now just keep riding, and riding and riding.

Now is the time to plan for the Cambria, California. Horizon Rally!
Thursday Oct 24 - Sunday Oct 27, 2013 - Cambria, California

Site: http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-...-unlimited-travellers-california-meeting.html

Hope to meet you there!

Hey OCR, I posted this up last week just to put out feelers. If you're going I may have to make these plans more definite.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. Looks like a fun ride (or course, what ride isn't fun?). You didn't mention it, but I'm assuming your 500 mile out and back ride wasn't done in 1 day to qualify you for a Saddlesore 1000 Ride Certification ? There's a lot less time for sight seeing, but it's one of those "bucket list" item to do at least once in your riding career.

Thanks for the pics. The countryside has a rugged (barren) beauty, but I would miss the trees. Like your riding companion.

Thanks for posting. Looks like a fun ride (or course, what ride isn't fun?). You didn't mention it, but I'm assuming your 500 mile out and back ride wasn't done in 1 day to qualify you for a Saddlesore 1000 Ride Certification ? There's a lot less time for sight seeing, but it's one of those "bucket list" item to do at least once in your riding career.

500 one day, two days there, 500 back. My butt was sore. I plan to keep future rides at the 300 a day mark.

Highway 395 is very beautiful and a fun ride. I have taken it many times from Bellflower and Hemet in Southern CA.

In 1989 I bought a new Honda PC800 and I rode the PC from Hemet to June Lake and spent the night and what a beautiful ride it was: 56 mpg at 80 mph and as smooth as my Goldwing.

A neat ride is to go from the Mount Whitney portal road east to Death Valley, Baker and south to San Berdoo.

Nice pictures and ride report!

Sam:)

Back