• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My Accident in 1988

SergeantChuck

Commuter Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have recently been going through my army medical records to file a claim with the VA. I retired in 2007 but was afraid to file back then thinking it might hinder my getting a job because I had a pretty substantial back injury when doing a parachute landing in 1998.

Anyway, as I dug through my records I found an old medical report about a motorcycle accident I had back in 1988. I don't even remember going to the troop medical clinic. I got a laugh out of reading the report. Thought you guys might too.

If anyone doubted my story about a wreck I had in Washington State I have document proof!

Hope you get a laugh out of it. I wasn't laughing at the time but I get a smile when I think about it now. I was riding a 1986 VFR500 at the time of the accident.

MC Crash.jpg

Ah yes. I too remember when I was unbreakable in my 20's. Today I think an accident like that would leave my body in a state not unlike that of a bunch of broken glass inside a Hefty bag.

Ah yes. I too remember when I was unbreakable in my 20's. Today I think an accident like that would leave my body in a state not unlike that of a bunch of broken glass inside a Hefty bag.

I don't have to think, I know! At 50 years old I dread getting in a wreck. My body can't handle it. The bike did not survive the wreck.

Throwing yourself out of planes wasn't good enough. Had to try catapulting.

At least in parachuting you have a semi controlled landing. Catapulting is the wrod that make me laugh when I read that report. LOL! Or the glancing blow part.

I had so many motorcycle accidents, my army med records are the size of a novel. I had not had my first kid yet, so I was still racing. Heck, they even threatened to give me an "Article 15" once for damaging government property, My Body!

Last edited:
I had so many motorcycle accidents, my army med records are the size of a novel. I had not had my first kid yet, so I was still racing. Heck, they even threatened to court martial me once of damaging government property, My Body!

I have to say I not surprised based off some of the places you park and such. LOL! And I thinbk I remember a story about your bike laying on an officer. HaHa

When in Vietnam, I would quite often park my LOH in Colonel Goody's bunker. Little did he know that General Tolson's pilot, Petty, would often place the bet, as he and the general loved to see the good Colonel come unglued. Figured what could he do, send me to Vietnam. So, one evening the good Colonel comes over to my tent a little wasted, and places a bet that I did not have the "Testiicals" to put a bird in General John J Tolson's bunker. I will give you one guess what happen. The next morning the good Colonel's bird was in the General's bunker! The bet was for a bird, not my bird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both these two fellows are real hero's.

John J. Tolson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Back