• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Multi Color Dash Light

Akolimaga

Reaction score
Visit site
Edit: finally found it. I swear I’ve looked multiple times but didn’t find it until now. Guess I’m going blind

I’ve been searching for this since I bought the 23 NC750x DCT. Can someone tell me what the multi colored light in the top right corner of the dash that changes colors is for? Thanks

Last edited:
Download the owner's manual, all will be revealed.

There be madness there I tell ye!
Unless I’m just looking for the wrong thing, I’ve gone through the manual multiple times and I don’t see anything about that light in the section for the instrument panel

It just changes colors whenever you change gears,

I turned mine off but every once in a while, for no reason it will still flash lavender or purple 3 times . Haven't figured out why.

Page 61 of Owners Manual
Multicolor line information setting
You can show the riding conditions by setting
the multicolor line information.
u Except during user setting of riding mode.
(P.80)
The following items can be set sequentially.
● Color OFF mode
● Rev up linkage mode (white color mode)
● Rev up linkage mode (color mode)
● ECO mode
● Gear position linkage mode
● Riding mode linkage mode

Color OFF mode
Color mode is deactivated.
# Rev up linkage mode (white color mode)
When the number of engine revolution reaches the shift up point you have set, the color of the
multicolor line blinks in white. This indicates to shift up.
Ex: When shift up rev setting is 6,000 r/min (rpm) and shift width setting is 600 r/min (rpm).
Multicolor line r/min (rpm)
Blinks 4,800
Blinks fast 5,400
Blinks faster 6,000

Rev up linkage mode (color mode)
When the number of engine revolutions reaches the shift up point you have set, the color of
the multicolor line will change. This indicates to shift up.
Ex: When shift up rev setting is 6,000 r/min (rpm) and shift width setting is 600 r/min (rpm).
Multicolor line r/min (rpm)
Yellow 4,800
Amber 5,400
Pink 6,000

ECO mode
Depending on fuel consumption, the multicolor line will change.
If fuel consumption is improved, the color of the multicolor line will change to Aqua.
Further, when fuel consumption is improved, it will turn Green.
u The ECO mode includes Rev up linkage mode (color mode).
u When the riding mode [SPORT] is set, the ECO mode does not work. (P.80)

Gear position linkage mode
Depending on the gear position, the multicolor line changes as follows.
Gear position 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th
Color Yellow Pink Violet Blue Aqua Green
u The gear position linkage mode includes Rev up linkage mode (white color mode).
# Riding mode linkage mode
Depending on the riding mode, the multicolor line changes as follows.
Riding mode SPORT STANDARD RAIN USER
Color Pink Violet Aqua Blue
u The riding mode linkage mode includes Rev up linkage mode (white color mode).

I think you can actually turn it off with "Color OFF mode". It could take a MANY MANY menu clicks to perform this! The owners manual has 48 pages just discussing the "Instrument" section. One of the most confusing I've seen. You might want to just stick with the black tape.

I turned it off on mine. It was kind of difficult for me, being as I'm old, and not real electronics/computer literate, but a younger person under 30 can probably breeze right thru it. There are a couple tutorials on Youtube on the 21 and up dash boards that can help. Tape would be easiest lol.

Found this old post that may help you

per forum member Revmatch

Turning off the colored bar (page 62)
I think you can turn it off by pressing and holding the down arrow button, which should show a “Color Off Mode” setting. From there, I think you press the select button to set “Color Off Mode” to ON (???), and then press and hold the down arrow button again to get back to the regular display.

Back