• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

mra windshield extention

kjang

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone tried the mra X-creen Tour Add-on Variable windshield spoiler Blade ? I am thinking about it with the HONDA tall screen.

mra x-creen.jpg
Ken

Last edited:
I put one on my wifes CTX700! She said it works very well. She rode the bike from Florida to Michigan and back with plenty of high speed riding. However, she is only 5' tall so that might make a difference too.

I put one on my wifes CTX700! She said it works very well. She rode the bike from Florida to Michigan and back with plenty of high speed riding. However, she is only 5' tall so that might make a difference too.

I think it would be a different experience since I am 10" TALLER than your wife.

Thanks,
ken

I actually just put the MRA X-creen Sport on my honda tall screen today. The sport is the smaller one which is the only one you will be able to get on the super skinny Honda Tall screen. Its 10" wide and the touring is 15" wide I think. Honda's Tall screen is just wide enough for the 10" wide sport. I will post some pictures and a ride review once I take my 30 mile ride home from work, mostly interstate too.

I actually just put the MRA X-creen Sport on my honda tall screen today. The sport is the smaller one which is the only one you will be able to get on the super skinny Honda Tall screen. Its 10" wide and the touring is 15" wide I think. Honda's Tall screen is just wide enough for the 10" wide sport. I will post some pictures and a ride review once I take my 30 mile ride home from work, mostly interstate too.

great, I will be waiting.

Ken

$130 and you have to drill holes in your existing windshield? how they come up with those prices? this piece should be $50 max. damn thing is a size of my palm,yet cost more than WHOLE windscreen. makes no sense.
if you have to drill holes and you have two working arms simplest extension (IMO) would be this: grab $8 piece of lexan at home depot.cut to whatever size an shape you like,drill holes.bring your trash bin to the kitchen

HD_6756_L.jpg

warm your oven to 350F

Electric-Oven-Toaster.jpg

grab a piece of aluminum foil and put your plastic piece on it. keep it in oven for 10 min.
drop it on the trash bin,bend and hold it for a few minutes. here comes your 'shape' (which will be EXACTLY shaped as your puig screen)
drill holes in windscreen and use something like this to secure the extension

Black-Bicycle-Steering-Quick-Release-Seat-Post-Clamp-Binder-6-x-55mm-Pole-bike-seat-quick.jpg_350x350.jpg

done deal. total cost-probably 10-12$.**** is wrong with those manufacturers? how much profit they are making off it? screw them..

if i have some time (and money) i'm planning to buy
givi crash bars

tn1111.jpg

and use same(or similar) clamps
mid_474049-500x500.gif

install a home made wind deflectors. deflectors, that you can clamp on front tube of the crash bar and by turning left or right adjust the wind flow.

look good! probably works good too! Thank you for sharing! but the price..

Sorry for the extra post I just don't like typing on the iPhone.. Anywho for some backstory I liked the honda tall screen, but it was extremely loud at my height. The wind protection I felt was good but I would be deaf when I got off the interstate so I wanted some change. Now I was worried that the honda screen would be too skinny for this product but I was wrong. Installation went smooth but was SCARY! I don't like drilling things lol. So I measured 90 times and finally drilled. I think it looks good and that setting was just a starting point... I thought. Now mind you we are getting remnants of a tropical storm right now so it was extra wind blast on the interstate today... YET I was extremely happy with this product! As soon as I got on the interstate I could tell the noise was 90% better! 75 mph sounds and feels like 30! And 50 mph feels and sounds like your not moving! I'm so happy with this add on I would pay double for it next time. It was so nice to hear my wife on the Sena without it being screeching loud or having to guess what she's saying. Anyways I realize I'm rambling but I'm just so pleased with the results I recommend anyone to get this that isnt happy with the honda tall screen.

feel the difference? :)
i was like you,all exited,when i was testing my own,home made extension and it worked well. and just like in your case- my main test was 2 days ago,while i have to ride thru super dense fog and later-thru the rain on the middle of the night. extension took all the hit,keeping things quiet and my visor dry thru the rain. i have no idea,how this trip would end without it.

Thank you for posting.
I do noticed that your forced to mount it a little down from the top because HONDA tall doesn't have enough material (width wise).
Does the mra sport extention give you enough reach (upwards)?
How tall are you and whats your inseam.

Thanks so much for posting...
Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free[/QUOTE]

Thank you for posting.
I do noticed that your forced to mount it a little down from the top because HONDA tall doesn't have enough material (width wise).
Does the mra sport extention give you enough reach (upwards)?
How tall are you and whats your inseam.

Thanks so much for posting...
Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
[/QUOTE]

Yes Hondas tall screen is very thin (width) so mounting that high will be too close to the edges. It extends probably higher than I would like, I don't want to move it now because I like the spot its in lol. It will extend into my line of sight which would probably be too much. I'm 5' 9" 30-32" inseam.

Back