• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mounting camera case up front

celtsguy81

Reaction score
Visit site
So I just had my 32nd birthday a couple weeks ago and my awesome GF bought me a Contour+2 camera. I'm excited as I haven't done anything for my bike since I got it a couple of months ago, and my first "mod", I think, is going to be mounting the waterproof case somewhere on the front of the bike. That way I will have the helmet mount and an on-bike mount. It feels like a waste not to use this cool case somehow, even though it isn't needed. :)

I was wondering if anyone else has done this and has ideas of the best way to go about it? I notice the bottom of the case has a small socket where I could thread it onto a screw, but not sure what I would need to get that set up.

Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

Being the owner of 3 Contour cameras (the most recent purchased about 2 months ago) it is hard for me to say this, but
if you can still return the camera for a refund I would highly recommend doing so. The reason is that Contour closed
their doors in early August, so there is no warranty support and there will be no more firmware/software updates.

I have been generally happy with the cameras and were it not for the lack of any future support I'd say 'good choice'.

I've used a Ram mount that replaces the brake reservoir clamp/bracket adding a ball. Various length arms can be purchased
and then topped off with a ball that has a camera threaded bolt that mates to the Contour's waterproof case or directly to some
models of Contour cameras. I will take a picture that shows what it looks like on the bike. I mainly use this setup for
mounting my GPS, so it is nice to be able to use for either.

The reason is that Contour closed their doors in early August, so there is no warranty support and there will be no more firmware/software updates.
WELL, that explains why the "Contour 3610 Headband Mount" is listed as "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock..." at Amazon. Too bad, I'm really happy with the design of the camera. To me, the GoPros look distinctly un-aerodynamic -- though they may work very well.

D'oh!!! I had no idea that Contour shuttered (see what I did there???)

That stinks. I have a feeling asking the GF to return the camera will be more trouble than it is worth. I may just have to bite the bullet. Especially since it has already been opened and who knows where she got it.

Back