• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Motorcyclist killed in crash 3 minutes after being stopped for speeding

Very very sad. His family will probably hate motorcycles if they didn't already. Obviously, we don't have much protection as riders. So, slamming into the rear of a vehicle doesn't leave much room for survival. I would say all of us motorcyclists are a little crazy. Not as crazy as base jumpers or free divers, but probably close. I also ski and put it in a similar category. Speeding down a mountain on two pieces of fiberglass and no brakes (except for slide stopping) with hundreds of other people doing the same is just as nuts, and maybe more crazy in some respects. However, I'll take a fatal motorcycle crash over cancer, a heart attack or some other type of death any day as long as I don't hurt anyone else. So, the reward outweighs the risk at the moment. When it doesn't I'll quit.

I bought the X so I would slow down. I was starting to go to fast too often on my FZ6. When I met a certain car with blue lights on a curve doing triple digits ( and got away with it because there was no quick place for the driver to turn around) I knew I'd used up a good deal of karma. It's amazing how much more time there is to react to various external threats when you're doing the legal limit. And I've experienced more of those the past two years than the rest of my 32+ years of riding combined.

Condolences to the family but unfortunately we all to often reap what we sow.

Back