• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

motorcycle specific dash camera

No I, but will watch this thread.
I have been looking at all I can find and am interested in a bullet shaped camera. Seems most are boxes. Don't know why.
Their ad says long battery life but what does that mean?
I hope someone has experience with it so we can find out.
I have found three that are not boxes that have good battery life but they are heavy and seem to be made by the same people.

Anxious to get the perfect camera. But may just get a Chinese "box" and see how it goes.

It's not the world's first by a long shot... The Innov C3 has been out for nearly a year now and it has the very same waterproof lens on the end of a cable. Looks identical sans the fancy case. Seems to have the same features too except the price which is higher than the C3. It says $149.

I have been looking at all I can find and am interested in a bullet shaped camera. Seems most are boxes. Don't know why.
I have found three that are not boxes that have good battery life but they are heavy and seem to be made by the same people.

Anxious to get the perfect camera. But may just get a Chinese "box" and see how it goes.

Bullet shaped cameras: https://usa.ioncamera.com/

i think if it work like advertised then this might be the perfect camera. battery life is not a concern, this is to be left connected to the power source from the bike. it states on the site that it has a auto start when you start the bike, which is the main feature of a dash camera.

another cool thing about this camera it said that it works with all go pro mount. that is a very nice feature!

i think if it work like advertised then this might be the perfect camera. battery life is not a concern, this is to be left connected to the power source from the bike. it states on the site that it has a auto start when you start the bike, which is the main feature of a dash camera.

another cool thing about this camera it said that it works with all go pro mount. that is a very nice feature!

It is enticing but I am not sure I want my helmet cam wired. I feel it may be a nuisance. So it brings me back to battery life.
Have done some reading and it is not uncomplicated.

10 best GoPro and Action cameras 2015: How do action cameras work? | TechRadar
2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
The Best Action Camera | The Wirecutter
Best camcorders of 2015 - CNET
or just
https://www.google.com/search?q=AIR...es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=comparing+action+cameras

I don't want to spend the money really since there are so many things I want......but......the Drift Ghost S is ticking boxes well.

It is enticing but I am not sure I want my helmet cam wired. I feel it may be a nuisance. So it brings me back to battery life.
Have done some reading and it is not uncomplicated.

10 best GoPro and Action cameras 2015: How do action cameras work? | TechRadar
2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
The Best Action Camera | The Wirecutter
Best camcorders of 2015 - CNET
or just
https://www.google.com/search?q=AIR...es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=comparing+action+cameras

I don't want to spend the money really since there are so many things I want......but......the Drift Ghost S is ticking boxes well.

looks like you have looking for an "action camera" not a dash camera.

For those who have action cams, where and how do you mount them on your NCs or helmet to get the best videos? I mounted mine with a windshield suction cup today and the vibrations made the video unwatchable. I'm wondering if anywhere on the bike will eliminate this issue.

It depends on camera and the mount. Some cameras are better about handling vibration that others and same goes for the mounts. With my drift camera I've found on the helmet is best. Your body absorbs the vibrations. I also use a mount on my crash bars but I have to stuff paper in the mount to get it to not vibrate too much.

The wife and I have been using the Sena SMH10 Bluetooth communicators on our helmets since they came out with that system years ago. I see that they now have a very slick looking communicator with HD camera built in: 10C - Sena
That's what I'll be buying down the road when it comes time to replace the system we have now.

Back