• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MotoPumps Air Shot Portable Tire Air Compressor Review

That looks like a nice alternative to the Cycle Pump for those who don't need bombproof. I wonder how long it would hold up for frequent use.

sent from a Speak and Spell connected to a phonograph equipped with a saw blade, fork, and umbrella.

When I read that this air pump operates on 5 amps, I ordered it at once. This will be able to operate on Honda's 7.5 plug in, as most pumps will not. Thank you, Thank you!!!

I wonder if it will fit under the pillion towards the back? There is a bit of a cubby back there. That would be great if the pump hose and a plug kit would fit there.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

You want at least a 8 minute compressor to blow up your motorcycle tires. Anything slower makes it just about impossible to get the tire to set a bead, even using a rachet strap. When I saw the video of the MotoPumps Air Shot Portable Tire Air Compressor blowing up a motorcycle tire in 5 minutes to 36 psi and the fact that the pump operates at just 5 amps, I was sold.

FYI if you follow the writer's links in the article to the also sold under Dynaplug link you can get it for $53 on Amazon.. likewise the bigger version is available there too at a discount. If your an Amazon Prime member shipping is free that way

Got my MotoPump in today. From what I can tell from just unboxing, it looks well made and the package is about the size of a cup of noodles package. The instructions say to allow at least 10A, but the draw @ 40psi is only 4.5A.

I wanted to try it out, but by the time I realized it was here and unboxed it the wife was asleep. My garage is right under our bed, so I'll have to wait til tomorrow to test it out.

Last edited:
I used the MotoPumps Air Shot Portable Tire Air Compressor today on a couple of motorcycles. It never got hot, which did suprise me. Well made. I do wish the blue coil air line was a few inches longer. When you are trying to put air in a motorcycle other than the unit the pump is plugged into, it does work but just enough air line. I do like the way the air pressure gauge valve is on the pump, easy to check air pressure.

When dirt riding with no bags, I have my pump on one side and my extra tubes on the other side.

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

Tools are also with me at all times.

IMG_0100.jpg

Last edited:
Back