• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MOSKO MOTO PANNIERS Anyone have them?

Fred

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone on here purchased the MOSKO MOTO soft panniers for their NX700x's???

Its apparently a West Coast company who has designed some really neat looking side mount panniers and duffles and also appears to have some very innovative stuff in the pipeline that might interest those of us who like to long distance camp and travel on our bikes. The designers take their prototypes out in the wilds to prove them before going into production.

I was all set to purchase some Givi Outback Expeditions or whatever they call them in aluminum and black composite when I stumbled across the Mosko Moto site. Yesterday I was up at the Ironhorse Campground in NC, and there was a BMW there sporting a set of the 25 Litre side bags. They appear very well made and have inner waterproof roll up liners, and lots of tabs and ways to attach fuel bottles and water bladders, tool bags etc. to the outside. I've run the Caribou Pelicans on my V-strom and DR650 for years, but was never happy with the side opening program. Also have another concern: Tip overs with hard cases cause a lot of leg injuries every year. I got my leg caught a couple of times but never any serious injuries. Just considering a change.

The Mosko units are quick release, and attach to any of the common pannier frames. The duffles all have back pack straps built in so you can make one trip to a hotel with all your luggage if you need to. They also open from both ends, have built in tent pole sleeves and a big flap to hold your wet tent and/or jackets when necessary. I'm thinking of going with two of the 35 Litre side bags and a 40 litre duffle, or maybe a 30 litre duffle and a locking Pelican top case combo. (Just purchased a rear seat replacement rack with the gas fill opening, which would work well with the top duffles).

Any comments, ideas, or experience with these Mosko Moto bags?

Bamamate has had them going two years now (I think). They are extremely well made! If I had to buy again, I would get them.

The Mosko rep was at last years Horizons Unlimited in N.C. giving some good discounts. I know that doesn't help you now, but he did show all the ins and outs of the bags. I think they're the best out there right now.

Last edited:
The Mosko rep was at last years Horizons Unlimited in N.C. giving some good discounts.

I made use of the HU discount to get a 30L duffle and a couple of Molle storage pouches. Very well made gear. I'd assume that the panniers are as good.

Pricey stuff though.

After following the development on advrider I bought them the first year. I got the BC35s and 40L duffle. I also have 3 of the large molle pouches. They are mounted on SWMotech racks. Love them and think they are the best. If I was buying now I would downsize at least on the duffle. I have way more storage than I need which means I bring too much stuff. A friend has the Reckless 80 on his BMW F800.

Here they are holding up the bike. We drugged the bike back up on the bag and you can't tell.

DSCF0590.jpg

Here we are in CO

DSCF0676.jpg

It rained on us every day in CO and I have also been in other downpours and not a drop inside.

I only use the molle pouches for water. The one on the duffle for drinking while riding and then 2 more bladders in the molles on the panniers. 2 bladders is normally plenty for me for day of riding, cooking, and riding part of the next day which leaves 1 bladder for emergency or to share. My right pannier holds tent, sleeping bag, pad, etc. Left holds clothes (too many), cooking, food, and other stuff. Duffle has spare gloves, heated gear, snacks, other junk I might need quick access for and it is never full. I've used the duffle strapped sideways as a large day bag.

Bamamate: Did you have to mount the 35's pretty high on your racks to clear the stock exhaust?

What racks did you use to support the Mosko's? What rear top rack are you using?

Like your story of dragging your bike up on the bags. They sure look like tough bags when I saw them in person the other day.. That mission would have put a hurting on the pretty aluminum side cases. They look good on your 700!

Thanks Mate!

They are on SWMotech racks. I mounted them as far forward as I could get them. I left about an inch of clearance from the exhaust so that side is a little higher. To make it work I wound up drilling a hole in the rack instead of using the clamp on one of them. The rear is the SWMotech Alum base rack and then an aluminum soft luggage plate I found. I've since learned SWMotech makes an aluminum soft plate that attaches with quarter turn bolts. I swap between the plate and a top box (3 bolts with lock washers). I have a Dale aluminum rear seat replacement rack with a rotpax mounted on it. The duffle is strapped partially on top of the rotopax and partially on the luggage plate to keep the weight forward yet out of my way. Also leaves room to throw on some fire wood.

I have the Reckless 80L bag and Love It. Had racks on the KLR but didn't really need it. Rear rack only on the DR, no side racks and it works out great. Need to work on the rear rack of the TW200 to handle the load but still don't need side racks. Just make sure you get the muffler shield if it goes over it or plan on a fire at some point. Have only tested it on the 700 for fit and looks like I can make it work just fine without rear or side racks, and no muffler shield. And now the I have the Tenkara fishing pole I can take more than I need to stay out for a long time. Get what ever they have that will work for your bike. Just a great product, many ways to adjust it to make it fit.

Thanks for all the great info and personal experience with these bags.

In reviewing the cost of the other American made expedition quality bags, I find they are all pricey and near and over the Mosko's pricing. American made stuff is expensive now. I see
there is a long thread over on the ADV site, basically a window into the evolution of these Mosko guys leaving the corporate world and developing this gear from scratch, and going out and beating it to death in the field with the dynamic shatter test in real time on their own bikes. They appear very smart and innovative guys making awesome products using local vendors whenever possible. The quick detach feature especially on the panniers is exceptional in design and simplicity, and Bamamate states he dragged his NC up out of ditch on his with impunity.
Nobody is getting rich over at Mosko they are very much in the R&D aspect still. It is refreshing to see guys building up a company with quality and integrity.
Thanks again, this is good stuff, and a great site to be a member

After following the development on advrider I bought them the first year. I got the BC35s and 40L duffle. I also have 3 of the large molle pouches. They are mounted on SWMotech racks. Love them and think they are the best. If I was buying now I would downsize at least on the duffle. I have way more storage than I need which means I bring too much stuff. A friend has the Reckless 80 on his BMW F800.

Here they are holding up the bike. We drugged the bike back up on the bag and you can't tell.

View attachment 29415

Here we are in CO

View attachment 29416

It rained on us every day in CO and I have also been in other downpours and not a drop inside.

I only use the molle pouches for water. The one on the duffle for drinking while riding and then 2 more bladders in the molles on the panniers. 2 bladders is normally plenty for me for day of riding, cooking, and riding part of the next day which leaves 1 bladder for emergency or to share. My right pannier holds tent, sleeping bag, pad, etc. Left holds clothes (too many), cooking, food, and other stuff. Duffle has spare gloves, heated gear, snacks, other junk I might need quick access for and it is never full. I've used the duffle strapped sideways as a large day bag.
I just got my NC700x. It was a left over 2013 with no miles. I'm really digging your setup here. This is my first bike ever, so I'm in uncharted territory. I'd like to slowly convert it into a get out of Dodge bike, whether I take trails or go 80 mph on the highway.

Would you mind sharing a list of upgrades you've done?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

I just got my NC700x. It was a left over 2013 with no miles. I'm really digging your setup here. This is my first bike ever, so I'm in uncharted territory. I'd like to slowly convert it into a get out of Dodge bike, whether I take trails or go 80 mph on the highway.

Would you mind sharing a list of upgrades you've done?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Mods. Keep in mind I bought mine in 2012 so this is years of mods which happened a little at a time as I saved my pennies.

Suspension: RaceTech Gold Valves in the forks, 1 inch fork extenders to clear the raised front fender, Nitron fully adjustable rear shock with remote preload. Upgrading the suspension is good for street or off-road. I still need to play with the Gold Valves settings. I went full out on the rear shock so I could adjust the high speed separately for the rocks and square bumps. Also wanted to adjust preload easily from carrying gear to no gear.

Protection: SWMotech crash bars. I felt they are the strongest with the connecting bar between the two sides though the bar reduces clearance for the fender lift. HondaBikePro skidplate which is a tank and the first one available. There are others now but his is still the best. Handguards from Cycle Gear. They work and are inexpensive. I bent one side and may go with ones from Rocky Mountain ATV which I have on my CRF250l.

Comfort: 2 inch rox handlebar risers. Madstad windshield. Seat Concepts seat. Lowering pegs which are off-road style. I think the SwMotech are the best design but am using Knight Design since they are lower ( I have long legs). Highway pegs which HondaBikePro provided with the skidplate. Grip puppies foam grip covers. Adjustable brake n clutch levers. Go Cruise throttle lock. Throttle rocker which I spin off onto the bar end when off-road or in fun twisties.

Electrical: twin switched USB on handlebars, unswitched 12v sockets on handlebars and in the frunk. I used the Honda accessory kit for the switched connections. Been thinking I need to get a power distribution box when I add aux ligths. LED headlight from Cyclops. Saves power for the heated gear which I run the gear off the pigtail I installed for a battery tender. Admore flashing brake plus turn signals add-on light bar. Better visibility from the rear.

Luggage: SWMotech Alum rear rack and side racks. They have the most adapters available for various luggage. Aluminum plate that I bolt to the rear rack.....since found that SWMotech has one that mounts with 3/4 turn nuts. I run a topcase when commuting and bolt the topcase mount to the rear rack ( 3 bolts with lock washers switches between aluminum plate and topbox). HondaBikePro aluminum plate passenger seat replacement. I mount a rotopax to the plate and it also allows you to gas up without lifting it (cutout for the gas). Soft luggage is Mosko Moto back Country 35L panniers and 40L duffle which is way more storage than I need.

Other: doubletake mirrors. Virtually indestructible and use Ram Mounts so can be tilted out of the way. Phone holder and GPS mount for Garmin Montana. GPS mount is switched powered through the Honda acc kit.

Fender n tires: Raised the fender, search home depot fender mod, to clear an oversized Shinko 705. The Shinko is now available in stock size. Left it raised for mud clearance. The raised fender hit the SWMotech cross bar which is where the 1 inch fork extenders came in. The extenders also give more ground clearance. Currently run TKC80 front as it is the only knobby-ish tire that will fit. On the rear there are many choices in a 150/70 which is a taller tire but fits perfectly. I'm currently running Mitas E07 which I really like. Have run Kenda Big Block, Pirelli Scorpion Rally, Shinko 705.

Sprockets: Since the back tire is taller I went up 2 teeth on the rear. 2 teeth gives you slightly taller gearing than stock and 3 teeth is slightly lower. I'll probably go 3 teeth next time. I run 1 tooth down on the front when I'm going to be off-road a lot but it does cut gas mileage. The aggressive tires also lower gas mileage. I also have an aftermarket sprocket cover I got off ebay. Don't like the color but is all they had at the time. Gives me easy access to the front sprocket so I can clear out mud and change the sprocket easily. You have to remove the shifter to get the stock cover off. I wasn't totally happy with the aftermarket either cause it left some wires exposed that the stock cover covers so I cut up both the stock and the aftermarket to marry them together.

I think that is about it.

That is a lot. Wow...I had no idea you had so much into it. I'm only 5'7" so I'm thinking that extending the fork is not a good option for me. My first upgrade will be the windshield. Way too much wind on the freeway!

I've been checking out the same panniers as you have. Glad to hear you like them.

So, have you actually gone camping with your bike?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Camping? Oh yeah! I'm in Arkansas and do weekend trips in the Ozarks. That pic was from a trip to Colorado. 1200 miles out there over 2 days, 600 miles of gravel, dirt, two track, and jeep mountain passes on the Colorado Back Country Discovery Route over 7 days, then 1200 miles back home in one day. We camped most nights. A couple of nights were in a camp ground with showers and the rest were primitive camping. Hotel on the way out (BMW had a breakdown which put us behind), hotel one night on the COBDR, and hotel the night before coming back. The key to camping is hiking gear. Small and light weight.

I just ordered a set of the 35l, getting ready for Colorado continental divide ride june 10th! I will be mounting them on the givi racks from my trekkers.

Now i got my trekkers when not on heavy duty dirt, and the mosko's for heavy dirt!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the Reckless 80L bag and Love It. Had racks on the KLR but didn't really need it. Rear rack only on the DR, no side racks and it works out great. Need to work on the rear rack of the TW200 to handle the load but still don't need side racks. Just make sure you get the muffler shield if it goes over it or plan on a fire at some point. Have only tested it on the 700 for fit and looks like I can make it work just fine without rear or side racks, and no muffler shield. And now the I have the Tenkara fishing pole I can take more than I need to stay out for a long time. Get what ever they have that will work for your bike. Just a great product, many ways to adjust it to make it fit.

Rumrunner, any pictures of the reckless 80L on the nc700x?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do now

ca22e454ebbd6110103b25d67b57b34e.jpg

125ea709b9b4d967f18e2244df12f011.jpg

3422828269174c346c04fec0d3e75286.jpg

35l Mosko moto on the givi trekker racks.

Back