• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Modified stock muffler

Gonna be sunny and 70 here tomorrow. Going riding to test it out, I will take a moment and do a short vid and have you guys lead me through how to post it. I assume its somewhat like posting a picture...

Gonna be sunny and 70 here tomorrow. Going riding to test it out, I will take a moment and do a short vid and have you guys lead me through how to post it. I assume its somewhat like posting a picture...

Enjoy the ride. Here they promise the temp will be in the 40s and that will feel warm after recent weeks

[video=youtube;m-LlK65dXME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-LlK65dXME&feature=youtu.be[/video] Better late than never. Finally got a little vid of the exhaust. Enjoy.

I just ordered new exhaust muffler - IXIL Hyperlow XL, it sounds like a music =)
WRoooom!

Is that the double pipe exhaust? I almost ordered that one last night, actually. I just ordered a GRP Thunder Deeptone Exhaust. I really was not interested in proformance boost as much as DB Boost and overall sound improvement. i love my bike, but it's just unreasonably quiet and sounds too "scooterish" for my taste...lol Actually there is a woman with somekind of little "venice" type scooter, and her little thing thunders over my bike at a red light....lmfao

I will post some before/after pics and videos when I get the parts.

I'm new to the NC700x, but why do people want to change the exhaust? It might be worth doing if I could find one that was quieter than stock... hmmm.....

Safety Issues were my biggest concern. I almost got nailed by someone pulling out of their driveway. When I came up to their window they said, "Sorry man, but I didn't hear you, you came out of nowhere."

The stock exhaust is just WAAAAAY too quiet. My girl can barely hear me pulling into the driveway when I come home. Commuters definitely don't hear me when they're rushing 85mph to work in the morning with the radio up, texting their buddies about getting drunk last night, while they are shoving a breakfast burrito in their face...lol.

So, ya, just safety issues, for me...

Safety Issues were my biggest concern. I almost got nailed by someone pulling out of their driveway. When I came up to their window they said, "Sorry man, but I didn't hear you, you came out of nowhere."

The stock exhaust is just WAAAAAY too quiet. My girl can barely hear me pulling into the driveway when I come home. Commuters definitely don't hear me when they're rushing 85mph to work in the morning with the radio up, texting their buddies about getting drunk last night, while they are shoving a breakfast burrito in their face...lol.

Oh no. Not this again!

lion_face_palm.jpg

So I expect this same someone almost backs out in front of cars, too, because he/she surely can't hear them either. So all the cars go get loud exhausts, too, just to be safe.

Last edited:
I did it because I like the sound. If loud pipes save lives explain why 5 years ago I had a girl change over into my lane with her window down while I was on my V-Star 1100 with un baffled BUB jug huggers lined up beside her head. I was directly beside her, she never looked and never signaled, just moved over. People pay zero attention to anything not on their phones. Just my .02.

Oh no. Not this again!

View attachment 3790

...lol
My Apologies.., #-o
I'm new hear... didn't realize is what such a dead horse...lmfao !!
But I do love the picture... :)

I really don't mind what people say or think about loud pipes. It's a personal preference for a myriad of reasons, in either outlook, loud or quiet...
I drive an ambulance, so, I see the results and problems of not being seen on a daily basis. And I don't want those problems...lol
I just want to better alert the idiots around me....lol

And even with an Exhaust, this bike is not even close to being noisy or troublesome when compared to other Motorcycles. I can watch TV at 4500 rpm's without missing a word of Leno's monologue... ;)

So, I will post some videos, and y'all can let me know what you think..... :)

Aloha,

Thats why you need 4 of these 8)

1. NC700X stock Mostly
2. CTX700 Stock mostly
3. NC700X Modded using other Honda motorcycle parts
4. Maybe another CTX700

for me you cant have enough bikes

I had 13 motorcycles at one time, it was hard to keep them all ridden but it was a fun job

I did it because I like the sound. If loud pipes save lives explain why 5 years ago I had a girl change over into my lane with her window down while I was on my V-Star 1100 with un baffled BUB jug huggers lined up beside her head. I was directly beside her, she never looked and never signaled, just moved over. People pay zero attention to anything not on their phones. Just my .02.

That was an honest answer. Thank you for that. It makes sense that a rider would change the exhaust because he wanted a different sound. Deeper, lounder, whatever the case may be.

My honest answer is that anything that helps get you noticed will help get you not run over! And I highly recommend getting not run over.. :)

Large fire truck, sirens screaming, blue lights flashing, headlamps flashing doesn't get noticed by your average Nissan Micra driver. Daylight running lights, Hi Viz clothing, the loudest pipes on the face of the planet will not get the same driver to notice a biker either.

The only time said Micra driver notices a bike is when they are on foot walking the dog and complain about the noise the bike is making.

We are invisible, we are inaudible to one in three car drivers - nothing we do will change that.

Large fire truck, sirens screaming, blue lights flashing, headlamps flashing doesn't get noticed by your average Nissan Micra driver. Daylight running lights, Hi Viz clothing, the loudest pipes on the face of the planet will not get the same driver to notice a biker either.

The only time said Micra driver notices a bike is when they are on foot walking the dog and complain about the noise the bike is making.

We are invisible, we are inaudible to one in three car drivers - nothing we do will change that.

So your saying not to try?? Disagree. My Vstar has a very racy sounding exhaust and it does get noticed. I see people look at me in the rearview when I'm behind them to see what is making the noise. Some will not notice if a brick fell through the windshield into their lap, but others will.

That was an honest answer. Thank you for that. It makes sense that a rider would change the exhaust because he wanted a different sound. Deeper, lounder, whatever the case may be.

Honest yes, but maybe clouded. That seems to be a very Gestalt outlook. One can be very aware of that one person that almost hit them, or didn't hear them. However, that person probably does not have a list of all the people that did hear them, and did not change lanes because of it.

You have probably been saved more times than almost hit.... But this is thread is about showing/discussing aftermarket exhausts...lol. not psychology....

It shouldn't be considered abnormal, or dishonest, to want better safety and sound quality.... and again, it's just personal preference.

Aloha,
JF

Back