• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mirror Height- lane split issues

I'm begining to think that there may be some confusion creeping in as what we mean by lane splitting. Filtering as we call it here is usually done when the traffic is qued up at the lights or as it quite common on a motorway. The M25 which is the motorway that orbits London is not known as the worlds biggest car park for nothing. In these scenarios most filtering is done at a very sloww pace so as to be prepared to expected the unexpected. As I have said before this is accepted practise in the UK. What to my mind is unacceptable when riders dodge in and out of lanes often undertaking at speed. Not only is this dangerous but it also winds up drivers making them even more anti bike.
Seebee Bob if I lived in the US the Road King would be my HD of choice. I tried one over here and the only thing that put me off (other than the price) is thought of all that cleaning after a wet ride which are very frequent here in in Summer.
Personaly I'm happy to read about or see pictures of other bikes if it is relevant to a thread. One can also learn a lot about other forum members by hearing about their riding history but maybe this should be kept to "The Bar" section. Going by the number of likes I reeived for my " The one started it all thread others must enjoy this as well.
Sorry for rambling on

Well awesome.

Just checked back in, since my last reply.

Thanks everyone for the incredible interest in this thread;)

Initially I didn't start this thread for the opinion on/of lane splitting; Thanks to those who spoke on my behalf.

I didn't know lane-splitting was such a controversial subject. Especially among motorcyclist. But I'm now well aware of it.

If I could stop this thread I would have done it the day before yesterday. I was hoping to here more about the mirrors on the NC700X and issues pertaining to them.

Maybe my next post will be "Wheelie's down the freeway or just from stop lights?" Lol JK

Best Regards,
Ryan

Maybe it's because the only time that there is an issue with the mirrors being the same height as a trucks is when your lane splitting or maybe parking. At other times your not likely to be that close to a truck

Seabee... I like all bikes... if I had the budget, I would have one of each! haha.

Cruiser type bikes are obviously your thing... long run of them, so what in the world even queued you to go NC? Just curious. Maybe I missed it somewhere, sorry if so.

I like Harleys, but I can't really see paying twice as much as I could for a stratoliner to be part of the cool guy club. I sell luxury automobiles for a living, so its pretty easy for me to make the distinction between quality and cheap, but on an HD, I just don't see it.

"I like Harleys, but I can't really see paying twice as much as I could for a stratoliner to be part of the cool guy club."

Who wants me to reply to this comment?

"I like Harleys, but I can't really see paying twice as much as I could for a stratoliner to be part of the cool guy club."

Who wants me to reply to this comment?

Discretion is the greater part of valor. I'd recommend that you consider the question rhetorical. I've caused enough crap already for a few days. ;)

Back