• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Men's Trip 2022

the Ferret

Reaction score
Visit site
Every year since 2006 some of the men in our family (and the occasional invited guest) get together for a weeklong motorcycle trip some place. Some of the places we have been BRP/Dragon, U.P. of Michigan, Berea, Ky, Little Switzerland North Carolina, Marietta, Ohio, OINK (SW Ohio/Indiana/N Kentucky), Virginia, West Virginia. Some have been so good we have returned to the same spots over several years

So this year (our 17th) we decided to try the Windy 9, in SE Ohio as advertised by the Athens Ohio Tourism board. Click on link for details

Our group this year would include myself (NC 750) my son Brian (Yamaha MT 10) my younger brother Randy (Triumph Bonneville T-120), nephew Roger who flew in from Nevada (CB500X) and my son's FIL Jim (NC 750)

We begin the trip at Jim's house with a group photo

RzmKcaWh.jpg

the ride there was fun too incl on roller coaster 247 in Adams county

A3jVArrh.jpg

A stop at Cruiser's Diner aka the "Tin Can" for lunch.... home of the Hubcap Burger a 1# behemoth. We settled for the 1/2 pound burgers

xkAbd0Ph.jpg

Couple of hours later we arrived at the cabin we had rented for the week. We normally book a hotel for a base but thought we'd splurge this year

uZHOkR0h.jpg

After that it was 5 days of riding some of the best roads in SE Ohio including Ohio's famous "Triple Nickle" Rt 555

Ln30edQh.jpg

So how was the riding? Honestly it was awesome. We could not find a bad road

jgiwIhsh.jpg

42agZWph.jpg

kSG9cuMh.jpg

zvriJWjh.jpg

hkUrIYgh.jpg

BXiQxqCh.jpg

7nOIHyHh.jpg

555, 664, 56, 278, 374, 550, 676, 377, 78, 180, 677, 678 are just some of the great roads we were able to ride.. all well maintained, all virtually traffic free and nothing but curves. If you get the chance .........

Last edited:
That looks like a lot of fun. I can see why you ride your bikes so much. You have great roads.

Did you get a chance to ride 666? It’s another great one

Hmm not familiar with that one. We rode 676 from 555 over to Marietta and it was great, ate in Marietta at what used to be the Third Street Cafe, now Neader's Diner, and then rode 550 back

Back