• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

lunch ride today

searsboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Three of us rode to San Leon, Texas today for lunch at the place in the pic below. I know it doesn't look like much on the outside, but the food was great. The oysters on the halfshell were fresh, this place is on Galveston Bay, and one of their specialties are broiled oysters...you haven't lived until you've had this!!! :cool:
The ride was about 150 miles on another perfect weather day in SE Texas.

gilhoolys_zpsf584a84f.jpg

Half a mile from our house! Yell next time, maybe we can meet you there. And most of their food is great, the oysters Gilhooley are just about the best thing in the world. Our little island of San Leon is one of the best kept secrets of the entire Texas Gulf Coast, so don't spread it around too much.

Half a mile from our house! Yell next time, maybe we can meet you there. And most of their food is great, the oysters Gilhooley are just about the best thing in the world. Our little island of San Leon is one of the best kept secrets of the entire Texas Gulf Coast, so don't spread it around too much.

September 22nd-ish, 1990 I was up to no good, being a public disturbance on my CX500Turbo, riding all around the Galveston/Texas city area, heh heh. ;)

I loved the area, but it was insanely too hot for this small northern town Canada boyo...I literally nearly died from heatstroke, in September! lol I was used to chopping firewood and shoveling snow by then!

You just did!

Am I the only one that noticed the mention of a 150 mile ride to lunch....on a Wednesday?

Somebody's living better than I am, for sure!

Am I the only one that noticed the mention of a 150 mile ride to lunch....on a Wednesday?

He lost me at "oysters on the halfshell" YUCK! Might as well said Liver. At least he got a ride in.

We're in Webster, but the in-laws live in Baycliff and we're down that way all of the time. If you guys decide to go, let me know and I'll meet you. Can you imagine 3 NC700x's outside that place, it would be awesome.

Last edited:
We're in Webster, but the in-laws live in Baycliff and we're down that way all of the time. If you guys decide to me, let me know and I'll meet you. Can you imagine 3 NC700x's outside that place, it would be awesome.

THAT would make a great photo!

It's called unemployed and, aside from the riding opportunities, it's not living better!

It's called unemployed and, aside from the riding opportunities, it's not living better!

Sorry to hear about the unemployment....but with time to ride and oysters for lunch, you're making the most of it, at least.

Back