• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Luggage Rack Mounts

Huck369

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the Luggage Rack/Side Bag Mount this week on my 2013 Red NC700X, and did not have to trim any panels, so I guess Honda has fixed the problem they had on the 2012's

(sorry if this has already been noted)

I'm not with my bike right now, but I'll try to get some pics tonight... got them on, and fabricated my own Luggage Rack, and mounted a removable trunk to it.

Here are a few pics....

Attachments

• IMG_0080.jpg
    IMG_0080.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 605
  • IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 646
  • IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 611
  • IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 584
  • IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 805
I don't think my 2012 is cut out like that.they must have changed it.i will have to look at it .thanks for the pics

Good pics. Is that the Honda rear trunk or Givi? Do other trunks besides Honda fit on the Honda rear carrier?

I didn't buy the Honda carrier, just the mounts....I do design at a metal fab shop, and made my own luggage rack out of aluminum. The trunk is a cheap one I got from JC Whitney a couple years ago, but a Givi truck will fit the mounts.

The parts manager at the local Honda dealership just got his 2013 red DCT and he told me he didn't have to cut anything when he mounted the brackets either. Evidently they still use the instructions for the 2012 because he said he read them first and was ready to cut, but when he looked at the bike he didn't need to. He was also able to mount the light bar without removing anything the instructions said.

Yeap it looks like the 2013 has the cuts already in the bodywork. Also if you look on the Powersports site for 2013 accessories, there are a few listed compared to the accessories offered for the 2012. They should have thought of that with the 2012. Like everyone says, it seemed kind of strange to have to cut bodywork for OEM bags, etc.

How long will it be until we have posts from 2012 owners wanting to know if they can order the 2013 body parts for their bike because they want the Honda bags but don't want to cut?

I would. Honda should include the updated body parts as part of the kit. The cutting is the only thing that's deterring me from installing them myself. Actually, I'm still on the fence about getting hard bags, however, since I believe it will make it harder for me to get my leg over.
Ride and smile.
Paul
2012 Silver/Black Dec 2012
2003 Sportster July 2002

Thanks Huck. Good pictures. Certainly answers the question about what Honda did. Looking forward to seeing your custom panniers.

Ride and smile.
Paul
2012 Silver/Black Dec 2012
2003 Sportster July 2002

How long will it be until we have posts from 2012 owners wanting to know if they can order the 2013 body parts for their bike because they want the Honda bags but don't want to cut?

I live to cut and drill on new motorcycles. My mom said I asked for a Craftsman drill for Christmas when I was five years old. She was smart enough not to buy it for me, but I can remember looking longingly at the Sears catalog tool section (before I discovered they sold lingerie).

Back