• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Louisville rider

Gunner

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
I'm Chuck, forum name is Gunner. I'm in Louisville, KY. One riding club I rode with dubbed me Gunner because of my military past and one club decided I looked like a cartoon character and started calling me Papa Smurf. I'll answer to any.
I bought an NC mainly because the riding position is good for my back. Also, it's like the Swiss Army Knife of motorcycles. Oh, ok also, Deano at Station Park Honda made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
So if you live in Louisville give a shout and we'll meet up for an evening ride or if you see a silver NC around Louisville wave.

Hi! And welcome to the forum!

I never though of Louisville as a suburb of Cincinnati (your profile), but then I'm not from around there so what would I know. :confused::D

Welcome to the Forum. Looks like you folks have been getting a lot of rain lately.

Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum. Thanks for your service to our country.

welcome Gunner, I live in southern Indiana but work in Louisville (southside off of the Watterson). There are a couple of us in Louisville; I have a red 2013 nc700x manual and there is someone else on the forum with a new red 2014 DCT.

That would most likely be me. My handle is "ponydrvr". I live on the south side of Louisville. I have one of the CTX 700 D/E's that Dean has sold. Supposed to be a young ladie or two who also ride the same thing around here but I have never met them either. Being retired I can pretty much set my own schedule so if you guys want to meet up some time and RTE let me know via PM.

I think all the Kentuckiana folks should meet up at Wicks in New Albany some evening and take a little ride. But someone else will need to be ride leader since I'm not from round here.

The Louisville ADV riders group used to meet up at the big Clock every Thursday evening for a ride (during the warm months). However, since the last couple of years getting across the river has become a major PITA the rides stopped. Gunner, I can be up for a ride any evening or the weekend, but might want to wait until 2nd street bridge is open unless you don't have an issue with crossing the river on the Sherman Minton.

First, this is an outstanding Forum. Here is an interesting observation upon riding the new NC for a couple of week. As with almost everyone. THE SEAT ANGLE SUCKS! So I did the lift the front of the seat mod. Ahhhhhh. Also, I wish I would have bought the OEM windscreen rather then the light bar. From the pictures it looked like it would do double duty as protection for the tupperware if the bike was knocked over or I dropped it. It will not and I doubt I will ever put lights on it. I wonder if the dealer will make me a trade. Hmmmm. $80 for an accessory plug! My wife's 2003 Burgman 400 came stock with one. But I needed it so I paid the $$. The power band is took some getting use to. In fact I'm still getting use to it. The frunk is great! but there is no way any helmet made to fit my melon will fit in there.
Next on my list of things to do since the seat is now comfy. I need to figure out a secure way to mount my iPhone on the frunk lid. I don't want it on the handlebars, there is enough there now. Which brings me back to the OEM windscreen. There seems to be a support bar. Could accessories/speakers be mounted to it?

First, this is an outstanding Forum. Here is an interesting observation upon riding the new NC for a couple of week. As with almost everyone. THE SEAT ANGLE SUCKS! So I did the lift the front of the seat mod. Ahhhhhh. Also, I wish I would have bought the OEM windscreen rather then the light bar. From the pictures it looked like it would do double duty as protection for the tupperware if the bike was knocked over or I dropped it. It will not and I doubt I will ever put lights on it. I wonder if the dealer will make me a trade. Hmmmm. $80 for an accessory plug! My wife's 2003 Burgman 400 came stock with one. But I needed it so I paid the $$. The power band is took some getting use to. In fact I'm still getting use to it. The frunk is great! but there is no way any helmet made to fit my melon will fit in there.
Next on my list of things to do since the seat is now comfy. I need to figure out a secure way to mount my iPhone on the frunk lid. I don't want it on the handlebars, there is enough there now. Which brings me back to the OEM windscreen. There seems to be a support bar. Could accessories/speakers be mounted to it?

You may want to read some of the reviews/opinions on the OEM tall screen before purchasing. Depending on your height it may not work very well for you. The support bar for can be used for U Bolt Ram mounts if you get the mount with the adapter for smaller bars. I think the support bar is ~1/2”.

Back