• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking for the PUIG Touring Screen

SuperMek

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I would love to get hold of the PUIG Touring Screen in dark smoke version. But the Swedish dealer needs at least one month of delivery time and €300 for his effort. Does anybody have a better source to get this screen? Europe is preferred.

PUIG13895.jpg

I have just done a quick google search and both Amazon & Ebay have come up. Unfourtuneately I'm on a 12 hour night shift so I can't see either of these sites ut I can do a quick look in the morning if that would help.

Ordering is done!
104 of the Queen's quids was entered in the Internet lottery and when the delivery is done pics will follow!
Thanks all for your kind efforts and swift responses on this.

Got some pics with the Puig and my new Honda top case. I would say I am almost finished with my farkling. The two new items really brought the "adventure" look home IMO. A set of Denali Driving lights, center stand and front storage light and the bike will be basically perfect for me. IMAG0048.jpgIMAG0049.jpgIMAG0050.jpgIMAG0056.jpgIMAG0059.jpg

AND YES, THE EMBLEMS ON MY PANNIERS ARE ON BACKWARDS. I tried heating and removing and it looked like it was ruining them. So until I get new, they stay backwards. CAN'T BELIEVE I DID THAT.

I like it! How's the screen? The Puig is the direction I've been leaning lately... any buffeting or negative side effects?

trey

I love the screen. I originally put it in the lower position and the wind was hitting me just above eye level. Not bad but but I moved it up anyway too see what it was like. Moving it up the inch or so made very little difference. That being said, I love it and would never go back. Riding over 60mph with the stock screen was actually a little uncomfortable. It was like being on my GSXR. Now I am comfortable and the buffeting is at a minimum. I think this screen is the perfect combination of form and function. I am sure you could bolt a huge screen on the front and get a little better result but I want my bike to look great too and this screen is my choice. I have mentioned it before, the hand guards do hit now, and it has rendered my ignition lock useless. I could cut the screen to accommodate them but I never turn the bars that far while riding so I am leaving it. I would say get the Puig, but no matter what screen you decide to get, get something. The stock windscreen does not do the bike justice and you will be happier with a bigger one.

what in the world is buffeting?
Buffeting is when you try to eat as much as you can, in the shortest time possible, at a all-you-can-eat "restaurant". :p

out of curiosity, how tall are you?
I'd be interested as well. I think the Puig is a bit taller than the Honda Touring screen but shorter than the CalSci Sporty screen.

AND YES, THE EMBLEMS ON MY PANNIERS ARE ON BACKWARDS. I tried heating and removing and it looked like it was ruining them. So until I get new, they stay backwards. CAN'T BELIEVE I DID THAT.
How about mounting them on the opposite side? That would put the pointy end towards the front, and maybe make them more streamlined? Just a thought...

buffeting [ˈbʌfɪtɪŋ]
n
(Engineering / Aeronautics) response of an aircraft structure to buffet, esp an irregular oscillation of the tail.

Buffeting is what happens to your helmet when you get in "dirty" or irregular air. Can happen due to a mis-adjusted windscreen, also if you follow a semi or larger truck. I am 5'11" about 190lbs. I have blue eyes and I also like short walks on the beach. :) I thought the same thing about mounting them the other way. They look like two big radiator shrouds, I am sure they catch a large amount of air also. They are cut that way so the passenger's legs can get to the pegs. The conversion rate right now is $1 US = .63 pounds. I have not seen a difference in fuel mileage. I am sure it would be minimal. On a personal note I am a professional buffetee, and I challenge any of you to a buffet thunderdome.

Hahaha... Happy mentioned to me we need to put our names in our sigs... I believe we need our height/weight for threads like these instead.

Looks great. Being 6'2".. and having a helmet (HJC FS-15 Carbon) that doesn't seal very good, the wind noise is killing me. I want something tall... but without the snow sled look.

I actually just got a new helmet and what a difference. My old helmet had about 4 years on it and I did not realize how loose it was until I tried on my new one. I still think even though you are 6'2" the Puig will work for you. Without going to a huge wall of Lexan I think it is about the best balance of looks and performance you could get. I would not want to go any bigger. The windscreen's that have the variable wing on them look interesting and might be a good route for someone who is taller and wants better wind protection.

Back