• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking for saddlebag advice

First, it seems that the Amazon ad for the OEM bags is for the whole set with mounting hardware (not including the silver decorative panels). FWIW, that Amazon price is about what I paid for the entire set when I bought my 2015 bike new in August 2015.

I've got the OEM handbags and like them, but they are pricey when new based on capacity and material. I've concluded they hold what it need 90% of the time, however. They don't hold a lot and for a multiday trip you'd need a bag on the rear rack or seat. I have a smaller Givi top case (the 30 liter E30) that can hold my XL C3 Pro and a bit of other stuff. I use a Firstgear Torrent medium drybag on the rear seat (actually Dale's rack) for clothes etc on a trip.

I think I've concluded that saddlebags are like briefcases - the bigger you have the more stuff you carry, whether you need it or not. Ideally I'd have a 2nd set of bigger bags for trips, but as mentioned the mounting systems are not interchangeable to permit that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just upgraded from the Honda OEM cases to Hepco Becker 42 liter Journey cases. I will be selling my Honda bags with mounts. Let me know if you're interested and I'll figure out a fair price for everything. I also have the silver side panels that are still new in the box. I'm leaving early tomorrow for a trip to New England so if I don't get back to you until Monday, I'm not ignoring you.
BTW, I'm a big fan of Aerostich!. I have the Darien and Roadcrafter Light. Just receive their TLTec windproof fleece delivered today, just in time for the trip.

Thanks, I will message you. If you are ever in Duluth it's worth stopping at the store. Friendly atmosphere and lots of different items, not just the Aerostich products. They make the suits right there. Also the owner keeps a nice little bookshelf of motorcycle related classics.

Well, after reading all your replies, reading reviews and such, I leaning towards the Givi Trekkor Outback 37L in black, these guys. Thanks for the info on buying from the Italian site. It gives me a little pause thinking about difficulty returning if damaged, but it's also hard to ignore $400 in savings (basically $800 vs. 1200 at Revzilla for the three items, tail bracket, mounts, and bags).

Well, after reading all your replies, reading reviews and such, I leaning towards the Givi Trekkor Outback 37L in black, these guys. Thanks for the info on buying from the Italian site. It gives me a little pause thinking about difficulty returning if damaged, but it's also hard to ignore $400 in savings (basically $800 vs. 1200 at Revzilla for the three items, tail bracket, mounts, and bags).

It takes some time to get your order from motostorm.it, but it was worth waiting. They are very nice bags and the price difference is huge. I am glad other forum members here shared that info with me. Saved a lot of money and I ended up with better bags as a result.

I was going to go with the same ones you chose but the Extra 1 liter and the black color could not justify the extra $132! (For me, I'm poor. hahaha)

These are $487 for the set and are 37 L each...
Givi Dlm36 Trekker Dolomiti | MotoStorm

I have seen these cases close up and they are really nice. I actually prefer the rounded lines of the Dolomiti over the Outback.

Back