• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking for LED driving lights?

Well I have the M60's wired up and they do light up the road! I wired these light up to come on at 100% with my high beams with a PWM (Pulse Width Modulation). On low beam I can adjust the output that I like, but I have them off with the low beam. (Because they are frickin bright) I don't want to blind other drivers, so that's where I'll keep them.
I also have two water proof switches installed, so I can turn them on or off with or without the headlights.
With these lights on a 100%, they make the stock headlight obsolete. The low beam seems like I light the road with a candle after running the high beam and LEDs on 100%.
I like them a lot!
Now for the bad news.. While running the LEDs, I just hear static on the radio with my Sena SMH 10. Phone, communications and music from the phone seems to work fine.
I turned the portable radio on while testing and would turn to static 6' or less from the lights.
I guess my next step is to add some Ferrite core and capacitors so I can listen to my radio with the LEDs on.
Any helpful advice would be appreciated! It would be nice if I wouldn't have to shield everything, but if that's what it takes I'll do it.
I did take some pics, but they were useless!

Last edited:
Any helpful advice would be appreciated! It would be nice if I wouldn't have to shield everything, but if that's what it takes I'll do it.

I have two M30's and two M60's, all wired to the high beam switch through a regular 40A car relay. No electrical noise while listening to the radio. Maybe you should try bypassing your PWM modulator ? Even at 100%, sometimes the output of those things is not linear DC. If you connect it to a scope, you will probably see small negative spikes, and that may be the root cause of your RF noise.

One thing you can do to test this theory is move the low beam potentiometer of the PWM while listening to the radio. If the noise pitch changes, than we have a winner. Maybe the noise is coming from the small DC-DC converters inside the lights, but can still be initiated by the DC power shape from the PWM.

Last edited:
It is not likely the PWM controller, but more likely the use of a switch mode power supply in the LED itself (and no internal RFI elimination). The Rigid Duallys that I used have available an internal RFI board for sensitive applications. The marine model of the Dually comes with the RFI board from the get-go.

Well I have the M60's wired up and they do light up the road! I wired these light up to come on at 100% with my high beams with a PWM (Pulse Width Modulation). On low beam I can adjust the output that I like, but I have them off with the low beam. (Because they are frickin bright) I don't want to blind other drivers, so that's where I'll keep them.
I also have two water proof switches installed, so I can turn them on or off with or without the headlights.
With these lights on a 100%, they make the stock headlight obsolete. The low beam seems like I light the road with a candle after running the high beam and LEDs on 100%.
I like them a lot!
Now for the bad news.. While running the LEDs, I just hear static on the radio with my Sena SMH 10. Phone, communications and music from the phone seems to work fine.
I turned the portable radio on while testing and would turn to static 6' or less from the lights.
I guess my next step is to add some Ferrite core and capacitors so I can listen to my radio with the LEDs on.
I did take some pics, but they were useless!

I haven't had the time to tear my NC down yet so I added a couple of Ferrite cores inline. The RF noise was dramatically dropped. I can now have the portable radio right next to the bike before the reception is lost.

Since I didn't loop the ferrites, I wasn't expecting a dramatic decrease. I still can't listen to the radio through my Sena, but the distance has dropped 5+ feet with this test.
It wont be long before I get this problem figured out. My next step is to add three loops to the Ferrites and see if that helps. Thanks for the help!

I was thinking of running a spot light on the right and a wide beam fog type light on the left. Anyone have any experience with this?

Yes. my Denali lights with driving lens works great where there mounted, lights up the front of the bike also.

Attachments

• NC700X  1 002.jpg
    NC700X 1 002.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 186
  • NC700X  1 006.jpg
    NC700X 1 006.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 210
Back