• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking at Rain Gear

Cold shouldred.
My mother used to add 6" lengths to the bottom of my pants. And sometimes matching pockets so it didn't look toooo Stoooopid.

So if you know of someone that makes reasonable priced rain gear (in XL = extra long)I would like to know. Aeorstitch I am sure could do it.

According to what I have heard, I'm sure Aerostich can customize pant lengths. I would definitely visit their website and check it out :)

LOL. that is the chart I was using. Trouble is for some reason apparel manufacturers are like everybody else. They only need to capture most of the market. They don't give a fig about a 6'4" person with long legs and arms that only weighs 200lbs.

Their longest was 33.5" and for a FAT man.

A guy I grew up with has the same problem - 6'4" with a slim build with a 6'8" wing span and legs to match. We used tell him not to worry - He'd evolve someday. Devilishly hard to find anything that fits.

According to what I have heard, I'm sure Aerostich can customize pant lengths. I would definitely visit their website and check it out :)

I have had 3 Aerostich suits or jacket pants combinations over the last 30 years.
They are custom sized for my long arms and long legs...............they fit perfect.

I wear the same jacket and pants if it's 20* or 100* adjust venting or change the base or liner or heated liner as needed.
It does not matter if it's raining, sunny or snowing there is no need to carry extra rain gear. One outer layer does it all. I have worn the jacket and pants down hill skiing too.

Aerostich stuff is not cheap but it lasts.............the twenty year old red jacket ( faded to light very light red) is my dirt mud off road gear and it is far less water proof now. A newer jacket is road and normal use.

My concern was fit........and getting 36" sleeve length and 35" inseam with the tight body size is not easy to find.

Every time I am in Duluth MN I stop at Aerostich.........just to look. Did I mention the deer skin roper gloves.......

All this talk about rain gear got me to order some military surplus gore-tex gear. I will give this a test in the woods.
Aerostich two piece is on the list. One piece at a time though $$$$$$$. I will probably ride up there, so I will know that I get a good fit.

Some guys love the one piece. Seems to be the choice of the hard core daily commuters. Besides the cost it does take away a lot of the flexibility. I always wear the helmet , jacket and gloves but there are times were I won't wear the over pants.

The pants on a the ST in over 90* city driving can get a little much.......in the hot couch department.

I wore my brother's Aerostitch suit for just a few minutes. It is just too unbearably hot for Florida's hot/humid air. Even complete mesh stuff is too hot for me, though I wear it anyway. So many times I just don't ride. I commuted for 15 years but was younger and a bit tougher (more stupid) back then.

I wore my brother's Aerostitch suit for just a few minutes. It is just too unbearably hot for Florida's hot/humid air. Even complete mesh stuff is too hot for me, though I wear it anyway. So many times I just don't ride. I commuted for 15 years but was younger and a bit tougher (more stupid) back then.
I live just a few miles east of you and I know what you mean. I have a goretex Klim jacket that rarely leaves the closet in July, August, and most of September; Sadly, the three rainiest months of the year here. I commute and I'm fine letting the mesh jacket get wet on the way home. August is brutal here. What is that line from that movie? "Tarzan can't take this kind of hot."

I will sometimes put the waterproof liner inside the mesh, but only so that I can remove it when the rain stops and then put on a wet jacket.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Stitch stuff would be hot.....no question about..........

In central Wisconsin we had 3 days above 90* this year.

Not complaining, but it has been relatively cool here for the last few days. It's 75 degrees here, right now.
I'm loving it! Although I've ridden home from work in total downpours lately.
My Firstgear jacket has kept me dry, thankfully.

Well I live in Boston and its been 90's with insane humidity for weeks as well. Plenty of flash thunder storms as well. The last two and next couple days is rain so some relief from the heat.

I like the idea of riding gear with real water proofing but even here in Boston Id only be able to wear it below 70 degrees. Once the weather hits 70 I start using my Mesh Rev'it GTR Air gear and even that is too hot for me in the humidity. Im a commuter and the reality is full water proof gear even in mild weather is too much when youre sitting on the bike not moving.

Im going to see if I can find a place that sells the Riggs gear to test it out.

Well I live in Boston and its been 90's with insane humidity for weeks as well. Plenty of flash thunder storms as well. The last two and next couple days is rain so some relief from the heat.

Im going to see if I can find a place that sells the Riggs gear to test it out.

It is bad isn't it?

Post back on what you test. (and if it comes in X Long):D

Just outside the main gate of Osan Air Base, Korea.

image.jpg

All work custom made.

image.jpg

This just happened to work out for me. I just ordered and was measured for a custom tailored goretex parka and bib overpants, with removable liners, during a three day layover while space-a'ing at Osan Air Base in Korea. My last custom goretex outfit lasted me twenty-plus years, but parka arm seams finally failed on my last high speed ride down I-5. It turned out to be the same guy that made the first one in 1993, and will use the old worn out parka I brought with, as a pattern to duplicate the same style, everything extra long for my 6'4" long legged/long arm'd body and personal design features. Test fitting tomorrow and $250.00 boxed and shipped to my home while I travel. I have no time to haggle the price this time, the usual custom here. This way I don't have to try and wear something made for a 300lb waist just to get longer inseams and sleeves!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Just outside the main gate of Osan Air Base, Korea.

View attachment 25958

All work custom made.

View attachment 25979

This just happened to work out for me. I just ordered and was measured for a custom tailored goretex parka and bib overpants, with removable liners, during a three day layover while space-a'ing at Osan Air Base in Korea. My last custom goretex outfit lasted me twenty-plus years, but parka arm seams finally failed on my last high speed ride down I-5. It turned out to be the same guy that made the first one in 1993, and will use the old worn out parka I brought with, as a pattern to duplicate the same style, everything extra long for my 6'4" long legged/long arm'd body and personal design features. Test fitting tomorrow and $250.00 boxed and shipped to my home while I travel. I have no time to haggle the price this time, the usual custom here. This way I don't have to try and wear something made for a 300lb waist just to get longer inseams and sleeves!

Have him make two and I will pay you.

Have him make two and I will pay you.

Once I return from this trip, two to four weeks, I will take photos of what I ordered (and what I actually received) to post. With the forums permission I will post contact information anyone will be able to use for ordering to their own measurements. This tailor speaks pretty good English (catering to mostly U.S. military customers) and seemed happy to please unique requests.

Last edited:
My winter gear is water proof. For my summer mesh I prefer rain gear that goes over the top, so the liners that have come with my mesh gear gather dust in the closet. When I do get caught in cooler weather with mesh gear the rain gear on top adds significant warmth trapping the air in the mesh. The mesh gear does not get soaked and heavy in rain with rain gear outside the mesh.

I recently bought Revit Pacific H2O one piece rain gear. I've been carrying it for a month. Today was the first time to actually try it. I find the one piece quicker to put on. This one packs small and stays in my frunk for easy access. Long zipper makes it easier to get on, but for waterproof no zipper on legs. To get legs over boots the trick of putting a plastic grocer bag over boots to slide through leg works well. I keep a couple grocery bags rolled up with it so they are available when needed. Road 70 miles in a drizzle and kept dry.

IMG_2087.jpg

Back