• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking at a Madstad-- show your pictures...

Quadidaho

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking at going the Madstad route-- will be going 22" as I am 6'2". Please show your NC's with Madstads and note what height you are running along with what tint if any yours has.
Any riding feedback with the Madstad is appreciated!!!

Last edited:
I love my Madstad system on mine, had their brackets on my V-Storm, and knew what a great product they make, and was the first extra I ordered for my NC700X.
I'm 5'-9" and have the 20" (I think ) shield....and got the new deflectors a few weeks ago that now come with the System....I run my windshield at the lowest setting, as I am short waisted, and like to see over it, and it completely eliminated any buffeting for me once I got it dialed in....I can't recommend it highly enough...

IMG_0046.jpg

Thanks Huck- what are the deflectors? I don't see anything about them on the Madstad site. In the pic-- is that the lowest setting?

Yes, that was the lowest setting, and somewhere in the middle of the tilt range...

Attaching a pic I just took of the deflectors...

IMG_1027.jpg

Huck-- what is the max amount of change from lowest to highest setting. I was thinking about the 22" but think it may be too tall in either position. Thanks for all the info

I think it is 3" total adjustment, I actually drilled new holes in the shield to lower it about an 1 1/2" more...

46781842c6b7a76308c5b8474eddf215.jpg

This is the best picture I have at the moment while I'm out.

I'm 6'2" and just put on the 22"medium gray sport SD about 10 days ago. I replaced the OEM tall windscreen which was horrible. I very much like the new one. Air movement is streamlined for no buffeting. I still have low end rumble (using full face rf-1100 helmet) but the rest of the dangerous noises are gone. Also gone is my head being whipped around randomly (bobblehead effect), even at 75mph.

A side effect is having a little air flow on my body which is good during the Texas summer.

Their customer service was awesome to start with and poor by the end. I called and planned an overnight shipment, made sure they had it in stock, etc. All good, and they emailed the tracking info. The next day I received a mysterious second tracking number which was the actual shipment. It arrived on the third day (not overnight as I had paid for). Phone calls (voice messages) and emails go unanswered now.

The bracket system makes for easy adjusting and lots of flexibility. It does rattle a bit on rough road surfaces and the mirrors hit the screen at max steering positions. However, these are very minor nits for the convenience and features. I get some airflow over the top part of my helmet but it is smooth air. My 22" can go higher than I have it, but then the bottom becomes too exposed and I get too much air on the torso rolling up into the bottom of my helmet.

Last point... My NC is a black 2014, and I was worried about the look of a large non clear windscreen. I LOVE the medium gray look.

The only thing I might do differently is get a taller one... 24" might just give me more coverage near the bottom.

Madstad

I emailed Madstad a few days ago and let them know I was ready to order but had a few questions..up until then they had been fantastic about responding and answering my questions. I will try to call them next week. I have decided on a 22" dark gray SD drilled to sit 1 1/2" lower on the brackets....at the lowest setting that should put the bottom of the windscreen about an inch higher than the lower edge if the baseplate. Thanks everyone for their info....please keep sending for others with the same questions.

I will post pics when the Madstad is on the NCX.

Quadidaho, just to give you some encouragement, I bought mine blank and drilled the holes higher so the screen sits lower in the lowest position. It works really well. You'll probably like yours.

Took the plunge yesterday and ordered the 22" SD in Dark Grey. Asked them to drill it higher so it would sit lower. Mark emailed back that they would easily do this and got the shield done the same day and shipped. He recommended not drilling any more than 1" higher to avoid any reflection coming up through the shield from the headlight. Ordered yesterday, great communication and already in route--SWEET!

Took the plunge yesterday and ordered the 22" SD in Dark Grey. Asked them to drill it higher so it would sit lower. Mark emailed back that they would easily do this and got the shield done the same day and shipped. He recommended not drilling any more than 1" higher to avoid any reflection coming up through the shield from the headlight. Ordered yesterday, great communication and already in route--SWEET!

I got mine from Madstad undrilled and drilled the holes 1.5 inches higher. I painted the back side of the lower two inches of the screen flat textured black to greatly reduce the headlight reflection. You can see it in this photo on the bike on the left. You may even get some reflection with 1 inch higher holes so you might find yourself doing this painting, too.

You can also see the difference in the mounting hole heights between these two bikes in the photo.

View attachment 17647

I got mine from Madstad undrilled and drilled the holes 1.5 inches higher. I painted the back side of the lower two inches of the screen flat textured black to greatly reduce the headlight reflection. You can see it in this photo on the bike on the left. You may even get some reflection with 1 inch higher holes so you might find yourself doing this painting, too.

You can also see the difference in the mounting hole heights between these two bikes in the photo.

View attachment 17647

WOW, that is two good looking riders in that photo.

Looks good. I just ordered a 20 inch. I'm 5'8"", 30 inch inseam and 20 lbs overwieght at 190.

It looks like you have the Trackside handguards. I just ordered a set.

Last edited:
I thought it funny that 670cc was the only one to "like" the last post, so I added my misplaced hormonal hairy headed "like" there.

I wasn't really happy with my madstad until I made some additional wind deflectors. It's not the end all solution for everyone, depends on your height, etc. Shorter people seem to have less issues, that's the nature of upright, adventure style bikes. my screen is 24", set at the lowest point, I'm about 6'2" GL

Back