• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lock your bikes

In order to avoid this just follow these easy steps:
1. Put a switch on the fuel pump wire.
2. Lock your front wheel with a hard chain/wire
3. Lock your rear tire with a hard chain/wire
4. Install alarm with independent power supply
5. Take out your battery every time you're parking your bike
6. Find a crashed bike and buy all scratched and cracked fairings, apply as much duct tape as needed and put this tuning kit on your ride
7. Park only between two cop cars
8. Take the clutch and brake levers with you as soon as you get off you bike

And the most important!!! NEVER-EVER park it anywhere you wont be able to see it!!!!

In order to avoid this just follow these easy steps:
1. Put a switch on the fuel pump wire.
2. Lock your front wheel with a hard chain/wire
3. Lock your rear tire with a hard chain/wire
4. Install alarm with independent power supply
5. Take out your battery every time you're parking your bike
6. Find a crashed bike and buy all scratched and cracked fairings, apply as much duct tape as needed and put this tuning kit on your ride
7. Park only between two cop cars

And the most important!!! NEVER-EVER park it anywhere you wont be able to see it!!!!

Haha... Great ideas!!!!! I wonder if honda can design the next NC like this Bicycle :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 198

That is actually the rule I live by with my brand new (ok a year old now, but it'll always be new to me) shiny precious NCX.

There are only ever two possible occasions when the bike is not within my sight,

1, when it's locked up in my mates alarmed garage.

2, whenever I use a public toilet whilst out on the bike.

Even if I use a cafe or a McDonalds I always park where I can see it from a vacant table.

I couldn't bare the thought of returning to my bike to find it gone or damaged, so I don't give anyone the option.

That is actually the rule I live by with my brand new (ok a year old now, but it'll always be new to me) shiny precious NCX.

There are only ever two possible occasions when the bike is not within my sight,

1, when it's locked up in my mates alarmed garage.

2, whenever I use a public toilet whilst out on the bike.

Even if I use a cafe or a McDonalds I always park where I can see it from a vacant table.

I couldn't bare the thought of returning to my bike to find it gone or damaged, so I don't give anyone the option.

Jelly, I couldn't agree with you more!!!

When my husband was stationed in VA he had to park his R6 off base. Someone tried to steal it, but had apparently not seen the wheel lock. I don't know if they hit the lock and it tipped or what, but it ended up getting dragged around on its plastics and the insurance totaled it out.

Last edited:
Motodrocher, those articles are great. Re-wiring the kill switch to a hidden area is a real good idea... Or even simply labeling the bike with a false "alarm warning sticker" .... Simple but great stuff.

A buddy of mine got his CRB900RR stolen while he was only 20' away. He lived in an apartment complex. We had a long day at work and he rode home afterwards. He always parked his bike directly in front of his door under the stairs. If you have ever lived in an apartment coplex where the steps are in the body of the building to seperate untis you know what I'm talking about. He walked into his apartment and sat on the couch leaving the door open. His bike was in plain sight. He passed out on the couch and when he woke up two hours later the bike was gone. They stole it while he laid there with the door open. LOL! There are some brave bastards out there.

Just listen to "I just want you" by Ozzy...
For me it is clear that:

"There Are No Unlockable Doors
There Are No Unwinnable Wars
There Are No Unrightable Wrongs
Or Unsingable Songs..."

As well as unstealable bikes... Just do whatever you think work best in your situation and stop worry))))

A buddy of mine got his CRB900RR stolen while he was only 20' away. He lived in an apartment complex. We had a long day at work and he rode home afterwards. He always parked his bike directly in front of his door under the stairs. If you have ever lived in an apartment coplex where the steps are in the body of the building to seperate untis you know what I'm talking about. He walked into his apartment and sat on the couch leaving the door open. His bike was in plain sight. He passed out on the couch and when he woke up two hours later the bike was gone. They stole it while he laid there with the door open. LOL! There are some brave bastards out there.

Serg, I was riding to my friend's Jiu Jitsu Academy last month and someone there admired my NC and said they were saving up to get another bike.... BECAUSE... Someone had recently swiped it from his garage!!! I felt soooo bad for him. I just ordered a few things from Amazon (GPS warning decals and Solar LED blinking Lights w/ on and off switch). Can never be too cautious :-/)

I've heard of police leaving honey pot cars where the car "stalls" after the speedo hits 20 mph and the car doors lock from the outside, and a message quietly sent to the police... trapping any would be thieves in the car until the police arrive.

Wonder if there is a way to disconnect the brakes, and disable the clutch, and lock the throttle once the speedo gets above 60 mph...
Maybe wire up a cell phone to increase the insurance on the bike...
one less bike thieve

Serg, I was riding to my friend's Jiu Jitsu Academy last month and someone there admired my NC and said they were saving up to get another bike.... BECAUSE... Someone had recently swiped it from his garage!!! I felt soooo bad for him. I just ordered a few things from Amazon (GPS warning decals and Solar LED blinking Lights w/ on and off switch). Can never be too cautious :-/)

I would think that bikes parked in front of a Jiu Jitsu academy would be safe enough. Maybe your Jiu Jitsu academy decal should be on your bike.

Back