• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Leg Deflectors

Huck369

Reaction score
Visit site
I made a set of Wind deflectors to mount on my GIVI Case Guards, Made them out of 14 Gauge Stainless, I plan to paint them black, or Line-X them at a later date.
Put them on last night, and rode to work this morning toi try them out (was 14 Degrees F.) I have about a 20 minute commute to work, and they definitely helped, maybe not as much as I had hoped but every little bit helps :)
I used U-Bolts to attach them, I plan to get some of those License Plate "Spike" styled nuts to give it a more finished look, ofter they get painted...

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg
IMG_1245.jpg

Last edited:
Those look very good. If you have access to an angle grinder with an 18 or 24 grit flexible disc on it you can grind the ends of the bolts down flush with the nuts. I used to do it a long time ago when I was assembling fancy cherry seats for a very expensive row boat the shop I was working in at the time was building. We used a pneumatic right angle die grinder with a 4 or 5 inch disc that was cut down from a 6 inch disc. It worked very well on the finished seats. I could grind the end flush without touching the Nylock nut. It had to be done in stages to let the bolt cool or the nylon insert would melt.

14*F? You're a trooper. Many would have abandoned the moto commute long before you did. Those will look pretty slick once they get some fresh paint

They look good! I bet this could go in the "How to lose 10 mpg" thread! lol

I have some "Freeze Out" knee wraps from Revzilla(?) with my Sliders pants and liner, I rode 60 miles yesterday in 22-25 F with no problem.

Last edited:
Back