• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Leftover 2012- Good deal?

shawnk

Reaction score
Visit site
Have been lurking here and thinking of buying an NC for awhile now. I came across a zero mileage '12- the dealer's OTD price is 5700. Would there be any reason to choose a newer one over this (besides the fact that I really like red)? Are there any issues to watch out for on that first year vs. the '13 or '14?

I just picked up a left over 2012 for 6K last week, so I'd say it's a good deal...I can't compare to any newer model years, so I'll let someone else handle that, but it don't think there has been any significant updates from '12-’13...I think the '14 got some upgrades, but I am very happy with my '12 so far. And for that price what you save in gas each month more than pays for it if you're going to finance it...that's what sold me on it after stalking the forum for a bit and seeing the mpg folks were getting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

$5700 OTD is good. Have seen '13's in the Phoenix area down to $6150 plus all the dealer rapeage fees, prolly $7700 OTD. Got mine with 4k on the clock and a few extras for $6200 OTD.

History lesson- Back around '84-85ish when the economy was sour, bkes that had msrp'd for @$2300 were getting blown out for $999. Wished I'd stashed a Honda Ascot or 2. Better than gold investment :cool:

at that price I'd jump at.
there isn't a lot of difference between the new 750 ,certainly not worth paying a lot out for in my view.
I've got the 700 and also got the money to buy the 750 but see no point.
the question is if I was in the market for new NC and the 700 was selling for $5600 and the 750 $8000.
I'd go for the 700 simple
not worth paying more for that little more oomph, nah I'll keep my extra saving's and buy me some ice cream for the next 3 years;)

The US is too dumb to embrace this model - the bigger is better and the Harley culture have people duped. That is a fantastic price and the 2012 is a fantastic bike.

That is a great deal; no difference besides color on the 2012-2014 models in the US, and the since the US doesn't get the 750 this year (and maybe not next year), a non-issue.

That is a fabulous deal. Take it. I don't think there is any difference between the model years except color. Mechanically and structurally the bikes are the same. If you plan to add the mounting bracket for the OEM Top Case and side cases, there is a little cutting that needs to be done to the plastic, however if done carefully it really doesn't show. On the 2013 and later Honda allows for these cutouts. The seat on the 2014 is covered with a different fabric that does not slide. It may also have a slightly different shape (haven't ridden one so not sure). But the money you save on the purchase will allow you to add modifications to fit your taste.

Thanks guys- I'm pretty excited about it, because I think the NC has a lot of the same characteristics I love about my KLR, but addresses a lot of the shortcomings too. The bike is about 4 hours from me and the weather is just not cooperating for this weekend. I hope to get the deal done before somebody else snags it.

Jump on it. I paid $6400 OTD a couple months ago for a left over 2012. I also wanted to wait for a different color but like you, I would've had to drive 4 - 5 hours to get it and would've paid a good bit more.

I came across a zero mileage '12- the dealer's OTD price is 5700.
I'm guessing if/when you actually try and buy the bike the price will go up considerably.....Sadly, that is simply how (most) dealers operate..If you actually can get the bike for $5,700 that would be a good deal.

I'm guessing if/when you actually try and buy the bike the price will go up considerably.....Sadly, that is simply how (most) dealers operate..If you actually can get the bike for $5,700 that would be a good deal.
If I drive 4 hours one way, pulling a trailer, and the dealer tries something like that, not only will I not buy the bike, but I'll spread the name/location of the shop on every forum I can find. That was the total (bike, tax, dealer fees) he quoted me. I was surprised( looking around) at how many dealers have leftover '12s and '13s listed not much below list price. You'd think they would want to cut their losses on something they can't sell to make room for something they can. But I don't sell bikes for a living, so there's probably stuff I don't know about.

$5,700 is a good price. I got my 2012 for $4,000 but it had about 2,600 miles on it, in mint condition, and from a friend who wanted to move on to a different bike. I passed the good karma I received to the buyer of my ST1300...

at that price I'd jump at.
there isn't a lot of difference between the new 750 ,certainly not worth paying a lot out for in my view.
I've got the 700 and also got the money to buy the 750 but see no point.
the question is if I was in the market for new NC and the 700 was selling for $5600 and the 750 $8000.
I'd go for the 700 simple
not worth paying more for that little more oomph, nah I'll keep my extra saving's and buy me some ice cream for the next 3 years;)

If you have the cash why not? Honda made quite a few changes with the 750 which I wanted. Also didn't want to be in a position wondering if I should have got the "better" bike. Some of the changes with the 750 were a gear indicator, better seat, added balance shaft, a little more power to help with "hitting the rev limiter", different muffler for a better sound, taller gearing for better highway travel, non-link brakes on the 14's (I like it but some won't) and a better off terrain tire (Dunlop). I may have forgotten a few but they all added up for me that I wanted the improved bike.

Besides you shouldn't be eating all that ice cream, better to put it towards the bike. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back