• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

LED strip lights as DTL's (Daytime running lights)

RinconVTR

Reaction score
Visit site
Under $10...and I have 2 strips left.

IMG_20160502_205108073_HDR_zps9it3ascj.jpg

IMG_20160502_205150134_HDR_zpsp00dlopj.jpg

P1020984_zps2d15kgnm.jpg

P1020986_zps2gtluakf.jpg

Wow! Looks great. Link for the led strips?

What?!?! And give away my valuable mod secrets? Alright...

Amazon.com: Cutequeen Trading 30cm LED Car Flexible Waterproof Light Strip White (pack of 4): Automotive

Amazon.com: Zone Tech 30cm LED Car Flexible Waterproof Light Strip WHITE (pack of 4): Automotive

I bought both of these, cause they were cheap and I didnt know if there would be any difference. Well, the lights are practically 1:1 knock offs, but one had one gauge thicker wire. Problem is, the came at the same time and I have no idea which was which.

Put the other two on the rear to even it out.
In Ohio it's white or yellow on the front, yellow on the sides and red on the rear. I just ordered a 4 pack. I'm going to put 2 on the front like RinconVTR did and maybe the other 2 under the beak. Marotajo, how about this. You order a pack of red and I'll trade you two white for two red.

blue lights are unlawful in Georgia. Turn them off if you're heading to Daytona.

They are in Wisconsin as well.

However they are not actually "blue" as they appear in the photos.

I'd compare them to the 6000k temp/color range of HID and the latest LED headlights.

If by some far out chance there is an issue, I swap them for yellow for another $8.

Hell, now that I mention it, I might order a yellow set just for kicks and see how it looks.

blue lights are unlawful in Georgia. Turn them off if you're heading to Daytona.
I didn't know what. What the justification for this? I mean... I get that very bright lights are dangerous, but interdict use based on colour alone seems a bit extreme.

I didn't know what. What the justification for this? I mean... I get that very bright lights are dangerous, but interdict use based on colour alone seems a bit extreme.
Where I am, you can't have any blue lights at all, and you can't have any red lights visible from the front.
Though, there is a difference between "cool white" and "blue", but I wouldn't count on your average police officer to definitely know the difference.

I like the idea but I just don't know if they are bright enough and I think they are mounted too close to the headlight to actually work as a conspicuity light so you are noticed by drivers. My experience with inexpensive LED lights is that they are not even worth the money that they cost.

Do these strips have actual lenses over each of the LEDs or is it just a strip of unfocused LEDs? Looking at the mounting angle it appears that most of the light energy is pointed up toward the sky? Or up and sideways? Not sure if that will be effective. We really need to be seen by oncoming traffic that is about to turn across our right of way, so the lights should be focused forward.

The real test is what do they do in bright sunlight, many discount LEDs tend to be barely visible in bright sun.

Having them mounted that close to the headlamp gives you a visual, from a distance, of 1 big light. I'd prefer they were mounted farther from the headlamp to give a different visual, but it is probably not a bad location.

Running lights, if you want them to catch the attention of oncoming traffic, should be bright but not blinding spot beams. They should break up the silhouette of the motorcycle so it looks different causing a driver's eye to see it and his brain to register it as a separate vehicle.

Last edited:
I like it! Seeing what you did put a big smile on my face. I may have to follow your lead on this.
I don't know if your intention was anything other than look cool (nailed it), but those lights really pop in the pictures. Could be a good visibility upgrade.

Back