• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

LED headlight options

francescomilado

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

Just picked up my bike yesterday and I don't know if its me or the stock headlight for the 2016 is horrible. I want to upgrade as soon as possible. Do you guys recommend switching the headlight to LED? if so what is good option out there?

or maybe get some Denali's?

Also everything I look up it usually only covers 12-15 models.

Thank you all in advance. By the way this is my first bike and can't wait to rack up miles!!

I switched mine out for a $50 PIAA bulb. It's not a LED, but much brighter than stock. Been doing fine for me since February 2014. Can't remember the name though. Star White maybe.

Hi All,

Just picked up my bike yesterday and I don't know if its me or the stock headlight for the 2016 is horrible. I want to upgrade as soon as possible. Do you guys recommend switching the headlight to LED? if so what is good option out there?

Thank you all in advance. By the way this is my first bike and can't wait to rack up miles!!

Have to agree with you on the headlight. I just haven't ridden enough after dark to bother with an upgrade yet but it isn't very good. Not only is it not real bright, it seems to have a very uneven pattern with some dark spots. BUT, having said that, you are gonna love the bike! :cool:

Last edited:
I picked up the bike at night and took a detour through canyon and I couldn't see anything hahah I need to change it for sure, because by the time I get off work its already pretty dark.
Have to agree with you on the headlight. I just haven't ridden enough after dark to bother with an upgrade yet but it isn't very good. Not only is it not real bright, it seems to have a very uneven pattern with some dark spots. BUT, having said that, you are gonna love the bike! :cool:

Why I prefer halogen running lights to LED?

When on the road if light goes out, I find the nearest Wal-mart, auto parts store, or some gas stations. Buy new bulb, put in bulb, and on my way in just minutes. Halogen bulbs can be found every where!

Hi All,

I haven't installed my led headlight yet so I can't comment on that but I will say that I have the Denali d2 on mine and they don't seem to add that much light to the road. I did buy my bike used so maybe they are an older version.i do think I get noticed better with them on but I would look for other options for The light on the road.

When on the road if light goes out, I find the nearest Wal-mart, auto parts store, or some gas stations. Buy new bulb, put in bulb, and on my way in just minutes. Halogen bulbs can be found every where!

Are you referring to the main bulb as a running light or auxiliary lights as running lights? Or both?

will this work? https://www.amazon.com/PIAA-70456-X...automotive&vehicleId=4&vehicleType=motorcycle

I am clueless when it comes to electrical stuff, Can I just take out the stock bulb and replace with that?

The bulb says it is a h4 so it should work. And yes you just take out the old bulb and replace it with this one. 2 things to consider: 1. You might (probably) have to adjust your headlight aim. 2. That blue tint will reduce the out put of the light bulb compared to a bulb with clear glass (if all other factors are equal) i.e. Wattage of the bulb. Please let us know what you end up getting and how it works for you.

If I am understanding this correctly from all the readings I've done in the past 48 hours, you can still stop by and get a halogen replacement for the LED that went out since they both use the H4 plug?

Thank you all for your inputs and suggestions so far :)

Now I need to figure out how to actually get into the headlight

I think I'm gonna go with the Cyclops LED Headlight and will update once done
The bulb says it is a h4 so it should work. And yes you just take out the old bulb and replace it with this one. 2 things to consider: 1. You might (probably) have to adjust your headlight aim. 2. That blue tint will reduce the out put of the light bulb compared to a bulb with clear glass (if all other factors are equal) i.e. Wattage of the bulb. Please let us know what you end up getting and how it works for you.

Back