• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Klim Induction PANTS - Anyone have them?

GregC

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had my Klim Induction Jacket for around 4 years and really love it in the hot weather. I'm getting to the point of needing to replace some pants, and have looked at the Klim Induction Pants. Very similar construction to the Jacket with the "karbonite" mesh, etc.

Anybody have these and have a real world opinion? this would be my hot weather pants (which for me would be April-Sept more or less).

Klim Induction Pants

I have been wearing a pair for a couple of seasons. The ventilate very well and for as little time as I have had them (I have a pair of Tourmaster mesh pants at least 10 years old) they are holding up well. UV at my latitude takes a harsh toll on clothing dyes and the Klims in black are not fading that much after two years. I like the heft of the materials and pocket details. Cons are they run big and long and I need a web belt to secure them. No stretch materials in the waist and no velcro tabs to adjust the waist. Like street clothing. Motorcyclegear.com has an excellent sizing commentary and worth a read. I initially ordered 32 waist as that is my jean size and I wear wicking nylon pants under mesh so I went 32 but they were too big and long. The 30 fits my waist well but inseam is long. However the adjustments for knee armor pockets accommodate my leg length so the knee pads cover my knees properly.

Thanks, Dave. Good to hear. I'm a little north of you in NC, but heat/humidity here is pretty strong (although I can get to the mountains pretty quickly to a few degrees of relief).

I'd go with the grey version of the pants for perhaps a bit cooler ride than black, but good to know they are holding up (per my other thread Klim's hi viz dye fades out pretty quickly). I read that sizing write up on Motorcyclegear.com, and it's very helpful. Lots of reviews about Klim's goofy sizing ... gotta wonder how that's helpful to their customer satisfaction. How does anyone know what size motorcycle pants you're wearing, or care?

I have been wearing a pair for a couple of seasons. The ventilate very well and for as little time as I have had them (I have a pair of Tourmaster mesh pants at least 10 years old) they are holding up well. UV at my latitude takes a harsh toll on clothing dyes and the Klims in black are not fading that much after two years. I like the heft of the materials and pocket details. Cons are they run big and long and I need a web belt to secure them. No stretch materials in the waist and no velcro tabs to adjust the waist. Like street clothing. Motorcyclegear.com has an excellent sizing commentary and worth a read. I initially ordered 32 waist as that is my jean size and I wear wicking nylon pants under mesh so I went 32 but they were too big and long. The 30 fits my waist well but inseam is long. However the adjustments for knee armor pockets accommodate my leg length so the knee pads cover my knees properly.
As a fellow munchkin I can sympathize with the “ too long” thing as all pants I buy are too long. As a funny side note I once bought a pair of Tourmaster jean style riding pants. Waist fit but of course they were inches too long. My brother has an industrial sewing machine so I asked him to hem them for me. I put them on, stood on a chair, he marked them at the top of my boot and cut them and hemmed them accordingly. They looked great when done, length was just right for standing around. However seated on the bike with knees bent they were too short by a couple inches and hit me about mid boot. When it comes to riding pants too long beats just right, if you get my drift.

Thanks, Dave. Good to hear. I'm a little north of you in NC, but heat/humidity here is pretty strong (although I can get to the mountains pretty quickly to a few degrees of relief).

I'd go with the grey version of the pants for perhaps a bit cooler ride than black, but good to know they are holding up (per my other thread Klim's hi viz dye fades out pretty quickly). I read that sizing write up on Motorcyclegear.com, and it's very helpful. Lots of reviews about Klim's goofy sizing ... gotta wonder how that's helpful to their customer satisfaction. How does anyone know what size motorcycle pants you're wearing, or care?
I would prefer the grey as well but motorcyclegear.com was out of stock of Regular inseams in the smaller sizes for a while. I watched the site every day until 32 Regular showed up again and of course only in black. Was lucky to be able to return the 32 for the 30 without having to wait again. They were $49 cheaper online compared to a local shop that stocks Klim.

Back