• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Kickstand removal

badgopher

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't find a document or diagram on how this thing goes together.

Previous owner put in lowering links but stock kickstand. Means the bike falls over on flat ground unless I use the centerstand.

Today it fell over and ruined my @#$% helmet so I'm replacing the side/kick stand.

I've got a stubby from Webike Japan, but the directions are in Japanese, and I can't find a stupid manual for the NC700X. Took nut off the outside of the stand but can't figure out how to get it off the bolt to swap in the stubby.

Literally NO documentation anywhere on the internet for this bike, it's frustrating.

You already removed the nut on the outside, now you have to remove the bolt that the nut was attached to. On the backside of the bolt, behind the kickstand, is the kick stand kill switch. You'll see a little bolt holding the switch to the kickstand. Remove the little bolt (8mm socket) first, then remove the kick stand switch (back it off the kickstand first the slide it off the clocking pin), then remove the big bolt (17mm? I think). Once you remove the big bolt you can remove the kickstand.

Shop manuals can be found on eBay.

I got that done. I'm not sure what happened to my reply-to-myself post, but I completely blew out the switch when I removed it so now I'm trying to dismantle the stupid body panels to get to the plug. Man these bikes are obnoxious to work on. I can never get the body panels off.

It's really not that hard. There's about 6 allen head bolts and 3-4 plastic pushpins and the side panel comes off. you do it once or twice and it becomes second nature.

Back