• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Keeping track of electrons

Beemerphile

#1 Elite
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I decided that I wanted to know the state of the charging circuit but did not want to clutter it with a gauge. Today at a BMW rally in New York I found and purchased this discrete little gadget. I think it will suffice to let me know if I have too many accessories running simultaneously without cluttering the bike with a voltmeter...

Clearwater Voltage Sentry (CVS) Battery Monitoring Device

Is the actual diode/indicator attached to the cable, or is the indicator on the box? It looks like you just have a 1/4-3/8'' cable that has the indicator at the end.
This gadget could be a very helpful tool.
Thanks!

Is the actual diode/indicator attached to the cable, or is the indicator on the box? It looks like you just have a 1/4-3/8'' cable that has the indicator at the end.
This gadget could be a very helpful tool.
Thanks!

The indicator is at the end of the sheathed cable. It has an L bracket that you can use to mount it or you can drill a 1/4" hole and surface mount it. The box gets hidden away somewhere strapped to a wire bundle or something.

Last edited:
I hove one similar to that. Mounted it in the black plug on the top triple. Just pop it out from the bottom and drill a hole. Wires run down through the neck and can't be seen. I used zip ties to secure the box to the neck. Simple installation and gives constant battery voltage when the bike is on. Have one on all my bikes. Cheap insurance to avoid being stranded by something amiss in the charging system

Back