• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Keeper

Bandit

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been known to trade bikes almost every year , think I have owned most brands at some time. Keeping true to my nature I started looking for a new ride with the focus on a Triumph 1200 Thruxston. the more I pondered a purchase I started to think how well Little Red (NC700X) has treated me with long rides in the mountains and mpg better then most scooters , well just now think Red and I will just see it out together !

I have been known to trade bikes almost every year , think I have owned most brands at some time. Keeping true to my nature I started looking for a new ride with the focus on a Triumph 1200 Thruxston. the more I pondered a purchase I started to think how well Little Red (NC700X) has treated me with long rides in the mountains and mpg better then most scooters , well just now think Red and I will just see it out together !
That's why I bought a second NC with a Triumph Tiger in between. The NC ticks a lot of boxes for me. You know this month's British magazine BIKE picked the NC over a BMWK1600GT and Triumph Tiger XCA for a travel adventure bike. It's somewhat cheeky of course [the comparison] but in value per mile it is without peer. With a few additions the NC will take most of us wherever
It is we want to go.

I don't know if I would ever be able to sell my NC7 (Nana Chou). I know she is old and worn, but she still is my old and worn NC7. Heck, why not 200,000 miles?

That's why I now own two NCs and lots of spare parts. I'm in this for the long haul.

Come to think of it, I was like the OP but I just kept buying every year.
Last year I had the darn luck to come to my senses and traded in my NCXD!!:mad:

This year, I made resolution not to buy or trade anymore bikes.LOL
I'm gonna stop smoking (outta my a$$), too!

I have never owned a bike over two years. Come May, I will have had the NC for four years. The benefits well surpass the flaws so I've just not let her go.

It will be 5 years for me in 2017, and it still feels totally like the the brand new young upstart in the stable, lol. :eek:

I don't know if I would ever be able to sell my NC7 (Nana Chou). I know she is old and worn, but she still is my old and worn NC7. Heck, why not 200,000 miles?
I know you've been side lined do to surgery and you finely got your AT but did you go past 100k on your NC700X? Last I heard you were close

I got my 2012 NC700X almost 2 years ago with 5k miles on it already. I'm close to 50k now and other then your normal wear and tear parts no problems at all, with the the accessories I've bought it's a great commuter

That's why I now own two NCs and lots of spare parts. I'm in this for the long haul.

Right now it seems like I'm in it for the long haul too. I can conveniently carry as much or more than I need to and ride at or above the speed limit and get great fuel economy. Got no complaints about getting up to those speeds, the handling, or the amount of maintenance I think is required. I'm not looking at other machines at all, partly because I have my WR250R doing its thing well too...

I think we got to have a new thread going.....who has the "longest ownership" of their NC.

2012 April.

The NC700X was made first available in the USA in late July, 2012. I lost the competition.

March 2012.

Did Canada get the NC700X at the same time as Europe? I thought all North America lagged Europe in the roll out. I guess not.

Did Canada get the NC700X at the same time as Europe? I thought all North America lagged Europe in the roll out. I guess not.
The NC700X was released to the EC markets at Milan in November 2011. It was not coming to North America at that time. IIRC in April 2012 American Honda announced it was coming "Summer 2012". I put a deposit on a manual in early May. Bikes arrived at dealerships in the last week of July 2012. Mine arrived on 7/30 and the regional rep wanted to be there to unpack and deliver the first one. He could not make it that day so I took delivery the next day.

Since Canadian owners got theirs in Spring 2012 we must have lagged behind in the US.

Edit: It was at Milan in a room full of journalists clutching their bags containing the Honda press packets that the lead engineer on the NC project made the opening comment about cutting a Jazz engine in two. We have heard about it ever since.

Last edited:
The goodness of this bike just grows on you. Several months ago I test rode a BMW S1000XR thinking I wanted more power and a bunch of electronic goodies. It was a blast but when I got back on the NC it didn't suffer at all by comparison. Of course it wasn't as fast but strangely enough it didn't feel slow even after riding a 160hp monster. It just felt good to be back on it, it has no flaws, at least not or me. I think the low COG is a big reason why it feels so good to me. It has plenty of weight for stability but you just don't feel all 500 lbs. I even like the stock seat. About a month ago the bug struck me again and I test rode a KTM Super Duke GT which has even more horsepower than the BMW, close to 180 I think. The salesman was super accommodating - he filled the tank, tossed me the keys and told me to run it dry if I wanted to. "Take it all day if you want" he said. I'm sure he thought that the bike would sell itself. An hour and a half was all I needed to realize that the KTM had more power than I could ever use on the street and that it just didn't feel as good as the NC. I don't care how much power it has, it just didn't fit me like the Honda even though the ergos are similar. Also, by the end of the ride my clutch hand was starting to get tired - I have been completely spoiled by the DCT. I have a wandering eye, but I keep coming back to that low priced, low speed, low revving, low status machine that Honda got right.

Back