• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Just put down a deposit on the DCT model

radiotinnitus

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, you guys are in part to blame! Thanks! I am way excited and a little obsessed.

It may be the first DCT model in the Nebraska area.

Dealership can't give me a date yet. I ordered most of the accessories except the panniers and the higher screen.

Very surprised if there wouldn't be some NC's in Nebraska already. Dealers in Texas, Mississippi, Illinois and Arkansas were getting them in late July. I test rode a DCT in both Illinois and Texas in July.

Anyway, hope yours comes soon! You're gonna love it.

Congrats! Hopefully you get it before some of the accessories come. I ordered the trunk and taller windscreen and they are on back order. Should have the screen in Sept. sometime. The trunk not until November!

The dealer around my area they have DCT and manual shift,I will go to look DCT ,I still think between DCT and the manual shift,in the USA manual don't have ABS.I don't know how DCT compare with manual shift.

The dealer around my area they have DCT and manual shift,I will go to look DCT ,I still think between DCT and the manual shift,in the USA manual don't have ABS.I don't know how DCT compare with manual shift.

Hello Kim
welcome to the den.

If I may admit it, I think the DCT will be a more "fun" toy etc. Like a gadget.

Except if you want to do a wheelie (which I don't think a NCX DCT will ever do that in whatever mode, maybe some one ought to try), or you can slip the clutch like a professional, a DCT is really "the next step forward" in motorcycle technology and you may find it "fun".

I have had second thoughts recently after buying the manual and not willing to wait for the DCT. The rave reports seem to justify this new tech.
Don't get me wrong, manual versions have their own way of fun. I still have loads of fun on my manual trans.
All I am saying is, DCT can also be nice. But wait, "real" bikers will turn up their noses and make fun of DCT riders...(maybe?)
:p

~Joe

Hi Joe
Thank you for let me know how do you feel about NC 700.I had been ride my Silverwing seen I bought new four years,I still enjoy with it.I look on this forum all the time to see any new ideal about NC 700X.I been look the manual when it came to the dealer ,I sat on the DCT and I can feel the DCT low than the manual,I think because the weight different,I like better but real hard to find now,close to fall,I don't think the dealer will bring any to sell,I found one they have but they let the people test drive and it got some mile in it.I may came to look and see or may wait till next spring.I don't know 2013 model look like.Thanks again Joe

I'm sure you'll love your new bike
I got my DCT about 3 weeks ago and love it - upgraded my xmax scooter for power, flexibilty, speed and fun and absolutely love it.
Just had a hugger and fenda extenda fitter and now ordered givi racking ready for the wife to purchase me the V35 side and V46 top box ready for next years explorations - cannot wait.
A couple of people I know turned their nose up until I explained its like a golf car with a DSG gear box - still didn't understand or appreciate it but hey ho that's their loss not mine ;-)

A couple of people I know turned their nose up until I explained its like a golf car with a DSG gear box - still didn't understand or appreciate it but hey ho that's their loss not mine ;-)
I love the DSG on my VW GLI, but when it came to my NC I had to go with the manual. I bet the DCT will burn a lot less fuel though. I can also imagine that it's a lot easier to deal with city stop/go traffic too.

Hey enjoy
The uk (Scotland) clearly does not have the same supply problems, a couple of week at the most. It is worth waiting for. Be safe
KenF

Back