• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Just picked up an NC700X, Charleston SC

tdc_erock

Reaction score
Visit site
Saturday I rescued a 2013 NC700X - it's been down, blinker lens is broken, exhaust is dinged, fender and bar end and brake lever are scratched, it's been stored under a cover outside recently so it's covered in pollen, it's dirty, it needs tires.

I drove two hours to check it out and made an offer and now it is mine!

nc.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on your new bike. I am sure you will enjoy it. I just bought mine and I like it so far. Have fun putting it back together and making it your own. :D

congratulations. Depending on how bad the tires are, I'd start there. I've got an aftermarket can on mine, if you want to go that route you can get a cheap one on amazon or ebay. Probably get a cheap stock one from someone who is replacing. there are some nicer ones, plenty of advice here and threads on exhausts [and tires, lots and lots|

Thanks! I'm pretty sure I've decided on the Shinko 705 for starters. I'll have to do some research on the exhausts - I don't like them loud. I may try to find a cheap stock one from someone who is going aftermarket.

Saturday I rescued a 2012 NC700X . . .

Kinda strange because the 2012 was only available in silver (grey). But then, I see your profile says 2013.

But either way, welcome and enjoy your ride!

Last edited:
I thought $2500 for a 2012 with cosmetic damage was a good deal, even better a 2013! This might be about the best deal ever!

I thought $2500 for a 2012 with cosmetic damage was a good deal, even better a 2013! This might be about the best deal ever!

Well, a broken blinker lens could fail inspection in some states, but that's hardly a tough fix nor a deal breaker. Good price, for sure!

If I go aftermarket for the exhaust I'd like one that is on the quieter end of the spectrum. I can't seem to find any comparison threads regarding DB levels... I'll likely stick with stock if I can't find a good not-too-loud aftermarket option.

If I go aftermarket for the exhaust I'd like one that is on the quieter end of the spectrum. I can't seem to find any comparison threads regarding DB levels... I'll likely stick with stock if I can't find a good not-too-loud aftermarket option.

I bought this one. the painted fax carbon fiber on the tip is kind of cheezy, but it was cheap. they make one that is all stainless, but more $. I actually think it goes well with the silver, prob fine with the red. It has a removable baffle and a baffle plug, so it can go from very quiet to loud, 3 levels. I have the baffle in but the plug out, medium. I made a sound sample if I can figure how to post it from my phone.
Amazon.com: H2CNC Carbon Fiber 1.5-2"Inlet Exhaust Muffler with Removable DB Killer for Street/Sport Motorcycles and Scooters with 38-51mm Diameter Exhaust Pipes: Automotive

Back