• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Just installed a 2015 R1 shock

dmerc

Reaction score
Visit site
Got a brand new 2015 R1 shock for 75.00. Stuck it on. Just had to shorten the top bushings. made a couple spacers for the bottom. Used the bottom bearing race from the stock shock. Shock fits great, Didn't have to move anything. Just went for a short ride. Like riding on a pillow. Amazing! Please note! This is a 2015 shock! Made a mistake!

Last edited:
Pics of how to do it?

Sorry no pics but pretty much a straight swap if you're handy and have a manual. The top bolt is tough to get to but the last time I had mine apart I drilled and access hole in the plastic cover on the right side. A little tricky to get the shock in from the bottom but it does go in without forcing anything. Beautiful shock and it's a couple lbs lighter to boot, My brother told me Yamaha bought Ohlins a couple years back and their shocks reflect that. Very happy so far.

Can you elaborate on this?
The R1 top shock mount has 2 bushings that are held in by o-rings. They are too wide for the NC top bracket. I have a lathe so shortening these bushings was no problem. Both the R1 and NC use the same size bottom bearing on the shock. Simply pull the inner bearing race out of the NC shock and slide into the R1 needle bearing. To keep the whole bottom mount centered you could use washers, PVC or anything. I made some bushings out of aluminum. Hope this helps. Please note this is actually a 2015 shock. I tried to edit the subject header but it won't let me.

Last edited:
[...My brother told me Yamaha bought Ohlins a couple years back and their shocks reflect that...]

Yamaha bought controlling interest in owned Ohlins in the mid to late-80s but the company found outside funding and bought independence from Yamaha many years ago.

Back