• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Just bought my first motorbike

Teknor

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi fellows,
Just bought my first motorbike, a NC700X in white and black. :D I chose from the options list heatet grips, center stand, rear carrier brackets and a 35L top box.

Does anybody know if it is easy to install a light bar incl fog lights or whould this be done by the AD?

Thanks Happy and SuperMek.

Will hopefully receive it this week. Cannot wait to take it on a ride.

Hi Teknor
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new ride! We envy you having the option to fit all those accessories!
If you have some experience with mechanical and electrical items, can swing a spanner and willing to learn, you can do the fitting. If not, ask your dealer, they will be happy to help you!
Go safe

One question - Where does it say that the NCX must be driven under 4000 rpm the first 1000km? I read the e-version of the manual published here at the forum (thanks guys), but as far as I could read this was not mentioned with a word. Of course driving carefully the first hours is preferred so the pistons +++ have the chance to settle. But 1000 km? Will take ages...?

Hi TeknorIt does not say you have to run the bike under a certain rpm.Running in the bike is important for people who want a long life for the engine.Running in beds in the valve clearances and also the cylinder walls, piston clearances properly.To run in, just run the bike "with care" and not to 1. quickly rev2. over-rev (so people recommend upto 60% of red line)You should try to shift through all gears, as often as possible.regulate the revs up and down (smoothly) as much as possible.For me, it was around 4000rpm for topspeed of 88-90kmh.I hope this helps you.Another batch of people will just ride the bike hard from 0km. It is up to you.:D

Thanks Happy. I certainly want the engine to last for a long time. Found it a little bit strange that the running-in procedure was not mentioned in the manual/instructions. Appreciate the tip regarding shifting through all the gears and and not keep a fixed rpm for a long period of time during the running-in phase :D

There is less need to 'run in' on modern bikes that there used to be as manufacturing tolerances are far better nowadays. However, as has been said, a little bit of tlc at the beginning of the engine's life will give you a better and longer lasting engine. The main thing to remember is not to 'slog' the engine at low revs, and to build up the revs and loads over a period of time. The first 800K are the most critical, but it just takes a bit of commonsense as you feel the engine running freer. My engine (CBF1000) has continued to improve over 15,000 miles....

It will run better after some km? Now it feels more sharp and not so comfortable compared to the demo bike. Not so powerful either...

It will run better after some km? Now it feels more sharp and not so comfortable compared to the demo bike. Not so powerful either...

From new til about 400km, it feels tight but smooth.
From 400-800km, it feels a little looser but getting rougher (perhaps the oil is becoming clogged with shimmings)
From 800-1200km, I really don't know, because I was opening it up from 3000-5500rpm, going up and down Black Forrest (see my videos).

After 1300km, first service, it becomes smooth again...with new oil of course!
;)

Hi Teknor welcome to the wonderful world of motorcycling. However be aware that it can become very adictive and you will soon be working out if you can afford that "must have" accessory:) I say this as an addict for the last 49 years

Does anybody have an ultra thin, splash proof, digital thermometer to recommend? As I am close to a weather geek, I'm addicted to know the temperature at all times :cool:

How about this: (I do not use one myself)...
digital_refrigerator_Mini_incubator_digital_lcd_thermometer_measure_indoor_outdoor_temperature.html

Does anybody have a cabling diagram for the NCX? Need to find an ignition cable that can give a signal to a relay activating and deactivating my heated grips. I tend to forget to turn them off...

Back