• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Join FUELLY!!!

Now that the NCX750 is due out soon, I doubt the NC700X would get any higher than 10th place, which is a shame. It's been a remarkable climb to top 10 in such short amount of time.

I picked up my NC700X today and signed up with Fuelly. I rode the bike home from Dallas and kinda took the long way home via back roads racking up 376 miles. I gotta say, I short shifted like crazy on the ride home, shifting between 2-3k rpm's and NEVER got above 4k rpms on the entire ride. I rode the speed limit and below through all of these small Texas towns. My first fuel up I got 45.99 mpg, the second was slightly more with an overall average 50.1. I did have a bit of a headwind but I've gotta say I am a bit disappointed with the fuel economy of the NC. I just sold a DRZ400SM and I could ride the $hi+ out of it and get 50mpg but often got 55+ mpg. I have never actively tried so hard to be smooth with power delivery and holding the throttle steady as if on cruise control, ever! What's really going to twist my shorts is that my last fuel stop was closer to Houston and I had to ride more aggressively to survive... so I likely got 30mpg or less. I am NOT happy with the choice of the NC at this point.
Suffice it to say I'm impressed as hell that you guys get such phenomenal results. I'm at a loss and have no effin clue how you do it. Kudos.

Last edited:
Give it time. You'll figure it out, and the bike will also break in.

(Says the man currently at 80.1 mpg Fuelly)

Greg

P.S. Did you buy at DFW Honda? I dont live anywhere near Texas, but I just happened to be there and got my first NC test ride there last summer. Put 25 miles on their machine!

Last edited:
I noticed tonight that the NC700X was tied at 266 vehicles with the Genuine Buddy but still listed as 10th presumably due to the alphabetical ordering of the model names. So I went ahead and signed up expecting that would bump the NC from 10th to 9th. But after signing up and adding my NC700X it still showed a tie at 266 vehicles for both models with the NC listed last. I entered a couple of recent fill ups wondering if it wouldn't count the vehicle until data was entered, but still didn't make a difference. Perhaps it they recalculate the number of vehicles overnight...

Just noticed something on Fuelly. Besides the 268 NC700X units listed, there are still more NCs listed under NC700X DCT and NC700XA, bringing the total over 300. If they were all listed as being the same model, we would be in 7th place overall.

Greg

Just noticed something on Fuelly. Besides the 268 NC700X units listed, there are still more NCs listed under NC700X DCT and NC700XA, bringing the total over 300. If they were all listed as being the same model, we would be in 7th place overall.

Greg

There are the same dang bike really. No different than buying a car with a standard or automatic. The S should be there too, right? Based off your comments I went and looked at the numbers.

NC700S (51)
NC700X (268)
NC700X DCT (49)
NC700XA (53)

For a total of 421

Just need 8 more sign ups and we go to 7th place in the top 10.

Greg

Yes!!! Sorry for the redundant and uninteresting posts. I have been at this for a few months and not been able to get the signature to work.. Anyway, I wonder if altitude has anything to do with with my numbers. Most rides are 6,000 to 7,000 feet. I usually get better than advertised mileage with my cars too. Less air, less power and less drag too. Anyway, I LOVE this bike!!

Yes!!! Sorry for the redundant and uninteresting posts. I have been at this for a few months and not been able to get the signature to work.. Anyway, I wonder if altitude has anything to do with with my numbers. Most rides are 6,000 to 7,000 feet. I usually get better than advertised mileage with my cars too. Less air, less power and less drag too. Anyway, I LOVE this bike!!

I made some pretty detailed instruction in this thread. See if it helps.

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/site-announcements/1759-fuelly-signature-2.html

The NC700X now shows as 7th place in the top 10 motorcycles registered on Fuelly, although it's tied with the Ninja 650R. Not a bad showing for such a new model. Register now!

Top 10 Motorcycles
Honda CBR250R (657)
Kawasaki Ninja 250R (506)
Honda PCX (399)
Honda VFR800 Interceptor (367)
Suzuki SV650S (353)
Suzuki DL650 (339)
Honda NC700X (298)
Kawasaki Ninja 650R (298)
Yamaha FZ6 (295)
Genuine Buddy 125 (269)

Back