• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Jay Leno tries out the new Brammo

Great tech!
One little problem is you cannot TOUR with an electric bike.
I cannot have 4-hour coffee breaks while it charges up.
:(

:p
Thanks for the link!

I would be interested to know the math on how many miles you would have to ride that electric bike to save you the $10,000 price difference from our beloved NC and its phenomenal fuel economy. I may consider adding an electric bike to the quiver for commuting in a few more years. I would still like to see where the electrics can improve next, I do like the transmission that the ZERO is lacking.

I would be interested to know the math on how many miles you would have to ride that electric bike to save you the $10,000 price difference from our beloved NC and its phenomenal fuel economy. I may consider adding an electric bike to the quiver for commuting in a few more years. I would still like to see where the electrics can improve next, I do like the transmission that the ZERO is lacking.

It is not about economy.
It is about making a bike which is "environmentally friendly" to the rider, who pays excessive price for it (because of battery technology, bike-designer, and bike-manufacture, marketing, and paying Jay Leno in terms of a free bike), etc etc.

The biker "saves" the environment by paying a lot.

The "a lot" goes into the Lamborghinis, Bugattis, Ferraris, which the bike designers, bike manufacturers, marketing people and Jay Leno, who pollute the air, while smiling at those idiots who paid for their electric bikes.

That's my rant.

Over here in Switzerland, an electric bicycle is around 2000-3000chf. A "sports one" is probably 5000-10kchf tops.
They can go 100kmh. No problem.

That was filmed in Jay's garage. The huge wheel in the background is part of the steam engine he owns. I saw it in operation on
an episode of Modern Marvels. Steam engines like that one gave rise to the expression "Running with your balls to the walls". And that concludes today's history lesson here on the NC700 forums lol.

-Oh yeah, the bike's cool too :).

Last edited:
I was trying to figure out what I wanted in a motorcycle. On my short list was the ZERO motorcycle. All electric. Only one problem was the miles per charge. Short distance, non cruising would be ok. Other than that, well I don't want to get stuck without a power cord around.

Ken

Back